Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Triple M Bulletin
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Charlie Cartwright

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2021 :  13:27:21  Show Profile
The bulletin is an excellent source of information and contact.
But we are in the digital age and surely its time it was sent by email same as I receive the T type bulletin .
I am trying to de cluter my home which is full of old motor car stuff including triple M bulletins.

And we would be helping to save the planet by reducing the number of trees needed to produce the paper.
Not much extra admin work. The printers already require it as a pdf anyway.AND we would save on postage.

Charlie Cartwright

Tim Sharp

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2021 :  14:44:47  Show Profile
Or is this a case for an option. As VSCC have done with the Newsletter. Pay for the printed version or have the .pdf for free?

As it happens I will still prefer and pay for the printed version, but acknowledge the wish of those with "tablets" to be able to read things from a screen.

Regards

Tim

Tim Sharp
PB0685-TR6- Nuneaton
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1872 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2021 :  14:59:18  Show Profile
I agree with Tim; one seems to miss things on a tablet that one picks up in print. Moses clearly didn't have such a problem.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2021 :  17:29:21  Show Profile
I someone who spends 10 hours or more working day in front of a screen of some sort, paper copy to me is a very welcome relief to the eyes :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3209 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2021 :  19:08:36  Show Profile
I find it hard to read the screen while on the loo. Paper is much easier to handle.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281, NA0651
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2021 :  19:39:23  Show Profile
I also prefer to have the printed Bulletin, they are all kept in binders so nice and tidy.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
864 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2021 :  20:20:49  Show Profile
quote:
we would be helping to save the planet by reducing the number of trees needed to produce the paper

But am I wrong in thinking, that nowadays a very high percentage of news is not printed on wood-paper but on recycled material ?
Gerhard
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5999 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2021 :  20:50:14  Show Profile
Speaking from personal experience of editing our local vintage car club magazine, if you give people the option of a free email version, then you’ll not get enough printed versions to make it viable to print them at the current low price. One option might be to find a way to email the pdf version to all those who are paying for the printed version and remove ALL the free versions from the website. Why on earth do we give these away for free? Madness!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
1949 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2021 :  21:24:30  Show Profile

I happily subscribe to the MMM bulletin and look forwards to receiving it bimonthly. It is far more enjoyable to be able to pick it up to read at one’s leisure and to keep for future reference. They are beautifully produced, are an excellent source of information, and for me, treasured for what they are.

Let’s not have yet another restriction to our enjoyment, please.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2021 :  09:27:19  Show Profile
I'm with Lew (loo!) on this. As to clutter, Charlie, I just pop the Bulletin in the recycle bin when finished.

Good point, Simon.

Colin

Crail, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2021 :  10:01:05  Show Profile
Been here many times with this one. My view as I pushed the online route about years go. Initially Converting Philip BPs edition so it could be published or printed.

The bulletin is free, we only pay to cover printing and postage.

If it goes online real time potentially we lose the volume to make it £ viable to print. Also many as posted here, love the post arriving and a paper copy to read.

I dont pay as I dont want the post, and just happy with all things online, but I have no issue waiting a month or so to read online. Which is what happens at moment.

I have always been a fan of making this available to absolutely everyone who wants it, the more we advertise what we do the better for future owners. If we lock away then the only people that see it are those who are already bought into this little hobby.

In my view Creating interest, sustainability and new owners is a bigger value to us long term than protecting content.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000