Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Positivity on this forum is great :-)
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thecollingburnboys

United Kingdom
574 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2021 :  15:03:36  Show Profile
Dear readers,
I just wanted to say I've noticed a huge improvement in the overall feel and vibe of this forum this past year.
Not just MG related but you guys helping each other with techy tips of how to improve quality of pics, uploads, links, advise, support etc.

Less judgement, less power play, less MG politics (That's just what I call it) = more balance in my eyes.

I'm not immune, I'm guilty of not conducting myself as well as I should have done in the past but I'm aware now and improving. Keep in mind if a newbie joins the forum and sees lots of tension they are less likely to stay. If they are blown away by the welcome, help, tips, advice and overall sense of support and inclusion they will want to stay and get involved. That equates to the interest going into the next generation and beyond...

It is about cars but more importantly, it's about the folks behind them.

So thank you, thank yourselves, it rubs off on others and keep going, you are getting it right :-) thumbs up

Regards James Collingburn

Edited by - thecollingburnboys on 23/02/2021 15:27:03

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
698 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2021 :  15:37:25  Show Profile
Well said James. I have been a member of the MG Car Club with my M type for well over 50 years and the reason I am still here on the Forum and socially active in the club is because in the main MG owners love their cars and like talking to other owners and helping where they can. Back in the early days if you were driving and MG and saw another on the road it was considered normal politeness to flash and or wave. I also have an interest in sports cars with a non octagonal breeding and having tried other clubs have found the predominant attitudes very different and I did not stay around.
Here's to the "marque of friendliness".
Keith
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2021 :  14:32:25  Show Profile
Totally agree, Keith.
I wave at any MG - wether from Oxford, Abingdon, Longbridge or SAIC.
Problem with the modern ones is that they have gone past before you have distinguished the roundish badge from all the other similar ones !

Maybe we should form a group for members with a 50+ years ownership of an M-type ?
Are there many others out there ?
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2021 :  14:55:16  Show Profile
That's not a bad idea for something to celebrate a Triple-M register anniversary; a booklet about the Triple-M cars that have been owned for 50+ years by one owner.

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000