Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Summer Gathering
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2021 :  20:57:16  Show Profile

With lockdown restrictions continuing to be lifted, I am pleased to let you know that this year’s Summer Gathering will be taking place on Sunday, 4th July. An entry form will be available to download very soon but in the meantime please do put the date in your diary if you have not already done so! Things might need to change a little due to Covid but as always it will be a day to meet up with old friends and to make new ones. The event is open to all MGCC Triple-M members and their friends, whether their cars are on the road or not. We are so looking forward to welcoming you and your cars back to Greenacres.

colintf

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2021 :  21:38:19  Show Profile
That's fabulous news Elizabeth. Thankyou :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1477 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2021 :  10:27:39  Show Profile
Great news, Elizabeth. I look forward to seeing you and your family on Independence Day.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2021 :  12:39:23  Show Profile
Pleased to report that applications are now open for this year's Summer Gathering.

You can find it in the document downloads\entry forms area of the website or by copying and pasting the following url into your browser

https://www.triple-mregister.org/uploads/retro/2021Entry%20Form%20Version%202%20July%202021%20edition.pdf

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

Edited by - DickMorbey on 13/05/2021 12:46:09
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2021 :  19:28:23  Show Profile
Well done, Elizabeth and Andrew for picking up the baton and continuing to run with this. One of the Triple-M highlights for sure. We'd love to attend.

Tim
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2021 :  15:52:32  Show Profile

Thank you for all the entries received so far, please keep them coming! Fingers crossed for fine weather and another excellent turnout.

Elizabeth

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3226 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2021 :  18:38:45  Show Profile
Great - well done to Elizabeth and family to continue with the superb event initiated by your much missed Dad Peter.

I have only missed one meeting and that was when the L2 suffered an electrical problem - luckily just 1 mile from home!

Entry form on its way.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 21/05/2021 18:39:58
Go to Top of Page

Johnball

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2021 :  11:28:43  Show Profile
Please can you tell me the location address and timings ?
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2021 :  12:36:54  Show Profile

Hi John,

The location for the Summer Gathering is Greenacres, Purton Lane, Farnham Royal, Buckinghamshire, SL2 3LY. The event starts at 11.30 am, lunch is served at approximately 1.00 pm and most people leave at around 5.00 pm. An entry form can be found on the document downloads section of this web site. However, if you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me: e-mail address is e.taylor@oakend.net Hope to see you on the 4th July.

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2021 :  12:40:34  Show Profile
John, all the info is in the downloadable entry form - see above . Summary:

TRIPLE-M REGISTER SUMMER GATHERING
Sunday, 4th July 2021
The Triple-M Register’s annual Summer Gathering will be taking place at its usual venue of Greenacres, Purton Lane, Farnham Royal, Buckinghamshire, SL2 3LY on Sunday 4th July,
commencing at 11.30 a.m.
The event, now in its 16th year, is open to all MGCC Triple-M
members and their friends, whether their cars are on the road or not. There will be a self-judging pride of ownership and a light hearted gymkhana for those who want to take part, as well as
some other fun competitions to keep everyone amused. There will again be a ‘Bring and Buy’ stall for those that have parts or memorabilia to sell.
The entry fee, which includes a buffet lunch and drinks throughout the day, is £20 per person.
To enter, please complete the form and return it to
Elizabeth Taylor, Oakend, Hazelhurst Road, Burnham, Buckinghamshire, SL1 8EE,
together with a cheque made payable to MG Car Club Triple-M Register. The closing date for entries is 25th June. Please note that the maximum number of participants will be restricted to 150 and entries will not be accepted on the day as Elizabeth needs to know in advance how many people to cater for, so please do not delay in sending your entry form to her.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with Elizabeth Taylor – Tel: 01628 665055 or E-mail:
e.taylor@oakend.net

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2021 :  23:08:40  Show Profile
Good evening.

Following the Government’s announcement last night that there will be a delay in the easing of the final Covid-19 restrictions (and in particular for us the restriction on the number of people able to gather outside), it is with regret that we will have to postpone the Summer Gathering planned for Sunday, 4th July. We have liaised with the MG Car Club and they are in agreement. We very much want the event to go ahead this year so are currently looking at dates in August when hopefully all restrictions will be lifted. As soon as the date is known I will let you know. Thank you to everyone that has already entered (we were already at 100), I will write to you separately once the new date is confirmed with details regarding changing your entry or cancelling should you be unable to make the new date.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Greenacres in August.

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2021 :  09:24:53  Show Profile
Hi Elisabeth,
many thanks for letting us know. it is fully understandable and expected after the delayed easing announced this week. PreWar Prescott announced a similar postponement yesterday evening as well for the same reason.
Hopefully August works out, we keep fingers crossed!
Best Wishes to you all
Colin and Steffi

Colin Murrell
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2021 :  13:51:44  Show Profile

UPDATE

Further to my posting regarding the postponement of the Summer Gathering, I can now let you know that we have come up with two alternative dates - these are Sunday 22nd August and Sunday 29th August (Bank Holiday weekend). As you can imagine, it is very difficult to find a date that either doesn’t clash with another event or us hopefully trying to get a few days away in the summer! I have written directly to everyone that had already entered so this note is to advise those of you that couldn’t make the original date of 4th July and can now perhaps make one of the new dates. If this applies to you, it would really help with deciding which date to go for if you could let me know whether you would be able to attend on either of the suggested dates. Please reply to this posting or email me directly at e.taylor@oakend.net and I will then keep you on my database and send you a new entry form when the date is confirmed.

Finally, thank you for all the lovely messages of support we have received regarding the Summer Gathering, we look forward to seeing you all in August.

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  12:39:35  Show Profile
NEW DATE CONFIRMED

Hello everyone.

Many thanks to all the entrants and everyone else that replied with regards to our two alternative dates for the Summer Gathering. I am pleased to confirm that the new date is Sunday, 29th August. As you can imagine, choosing a date is not easy and apologies to those of you that will not be able to attend on the 29th. I will now write to everyone that has already entered asking to either confirm that you can make the 29th August or that you need to cancel your entry. For those of you that have not yet entered, an updated entry form will be available shortly via the document downloads/entry forms area of the website (see Dick Morbey’s posting on 13th May for the link).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to seeing you all at Greenacres on the 29th August.

Elizabeth

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  19:53:30  Show Profile
The latest version of the Entry Form for the 2021 Summer Gathering on 29th August can be downloaded in the document downloads area of this website or at
https://www.triple-mregister.org/uploads/retro/2021Entry%20Form%20Version%202%20July%202021%20edition.pdf

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 02/07/2021 21:42:05
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  20:40:19  Show Profile
Fabulous news Elizabeth, Thankyou very much :)

Colin Murrell
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000