Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PETROL
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paracetamol

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2021 :  09:21:09  Show Profile
I have always used Shell Super but last year changed to Ess0 as we were assured no ethanol in the 5 petrol. Next month ethanol percentage is going us, what do I use on my MG NA and my 1953 TD also my 1990 Mercedes 500SEC, would be graeful for any advice also I understand my grass cutter is vunerable.

Michael Lees

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2021 :  09:27:56  Show Profile
Esso Synergie is the only premium fuel that I have discovered does not have ethanol (it is marked E5 as being up to 5%).
that is APART from Scotland, Devon, Cornwall and NE England according to their website.
My nephew is a chemist at Exxon and confirms this is correct

Mike Lees
1935 'NB' NA0897
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1886 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2021 :  12:44:14  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

Paracetamol

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2021 :  15:38:17  Show Profile
I am willing to try it, have never seen this model for sale
Go to Top of Page

Johnball

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2021 :  15:50:13  Show Profile
I have always used Shell V power, as they say that there is up to 5% ethanol., I also add Millers additive, which has ethanol protection. Recent emails from Shell on my Shell app on the iPhone, explain that V Power is ok for classic cars. Also petrol tests I saw some years ago, suggested V power gave the most power increase compared with BP and Esso, all be it so minor to be irrelevant. But more importantly, better than all supermarket fuel and more cleaning additives.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2021 :  16:40:38  Show Profile
Triple Mers in Sussex may not know of these filling stations which sell ethanol free petrol with appropriate pumps labelled "E0" https://powerpetroleum.co.uk/fuel-filling-stations/

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000