Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 K1 Brake Shoes
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Michaelc

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2021 :  11:50:52  Show Profile
I know that this is a long shot, but I am looking for K1 brake shoes. I have cable operated K1 brakes.

Westbury

United Kingdom
1962 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2021 :  22:07:11  Show Profile

Hello, Michael.
If all else fails and you are desperate, you may consider prewar Riley 13” brake shoes.
They are T rolled steel and therefore lend themselves to a multitude of modifications.
I used them to produce copy K3 twin lever brakes. Picture attached.

Cheers,
Chris

Go to Top of Page

cleydon

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2021 :  22:25:08  Show Profile
Hi Michael,
Although Chris' approach might be simpler, I could offer you a set of extra castings that made which are stronger than the original. I made them wider to accommodate the wider drums I made for my K3 Replica project.
Best,
Chris

Go to Top of Page

Michaelc

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2021 :  08:13:16  Show Profile
Chris W. - thanks for the suggestion. I do have access to Riley 13inch brake shoes and that would be the best option for me. Chris C. - thank you for your response; you and I have not communicated for many years and I have always appreciated your help when I started my 'K' project over 20 years ago. I will not take up your kind offer of the K brake shoe castings and go for the easier 'Riley' option. Regards, Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000