Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Limitation of content …
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  19:59:08  Show Profile
I note that a fairly light hearted topic on GB vs U.K. plates has been closed. This following a post indicating that the topic is not truly MMM Car related.

I personally object to this editorial intervention though accept that if the judgement is to be based on a view that only MMM topics are to be discussed to the exclusion of any others then I shall have to leave the forum ….. please understand that I look to inclusivity not the tight exclusive interpretation of MMM activity

PB 0527

Tim Sharp

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  20:49:08  Show Profile
Robin

I'm sorry but I must agree with the "editorial intervention". If you or other members want to discuss general topics then there are plenty of social media sites which are more suitable for such postings. Let's keep the MMM Forum for MMM topics please.

Tim

Tim Sharp
PB0685 - Nuneaton
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1543 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  21:39:39  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Sharp

Robin

I'm sorry but I must agree with the "editorial intervention". If you or other members want to discuss general topics then there are plenty of social media sites which are more suitable for such postings. Let's keep the MMM Forum for MMM topics please.
Tim Sharp
PB0685 - Nuneaton

Sincerely agreed, well said.

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  21:43:48  Show Profile
Hello folks,
Although the topic seems to have started in all seriousness on a matter of general interest to any of us (not I) who like to take their cars outside the UK/GB etc it did seem to descend into titterdom - and I can understand why Nick decided to call time!

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1709 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2021 :  22:01:01  Show Profile
A little bit of titterdom raises a smile and helps pass the time. I was enjoying it!

Anyway it is good for titterdom to be told off every now and then.

Now. It is past my bed time so lights out for me...

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

merlinart

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2021 :  13:35:22  Show Profile
I thought that the post began with a reasonable and legitimate question, to which it appears, that no genuine answer appears, unless someone can locate one in current statute? It is not surprising therefore that some posts contain speculation, some of which is almost likely to be true!
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1870 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2021 :  13:40:30  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Robin Macmillan

... a view that only MMM topics are to be discussed to the exclusion of any others then I shall have to leave the forum ….. PB 0527

I don't think it is a case of MMM topics being discussed to the exclusion of others. I think it is a case of ensuring things do not go "off piste" to an extent that may cause offence or provoke unrelated argument.

One has to remember that opinions are like bottoms, just about everyone has one, but it is not necessarily always appropriate for them to be to aired in public.

I personally think moderation is a thankless task carried out fairly and effectively on this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2021 :  14:16:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by coracle

One has to remember that opinions are like bottoms, just about everyone has one, but it is not necessarily always appropriate for them to be aired in public.

Cheers
Cat

In a world where you can be anything - be kind.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5984 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2021 :  14:52:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by merlinart

I thought that the post began with a reasonable and legitimate question, to which it appears, that no genuine answer appears, unless someone can locate one in current statute? It is not surprising therefore that some posts contain speculation, some of which is almost likely to be true!

I don’t recall posing any question, Arthur. I was simply drawing attention to a change in motoring rules on the government website.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2021 :  14:56:47  Show Profile
Are we getting "off piste" again & so quickly !!

Nick - get ready to rattle your padlocks !!!

I am all for as little humour now and again and some threads are a lttle dry.
I well remember an off topic thread about Bronco toilet paper some time ago.
Go to Top of Page

merlinart

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2021 :  10:13:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Simon Johnston

quote:
Originally posted by merlinart

I don’t recall posing any question, Arthur. I was simply drawing attention to a change in motoring rules on the government website.

Sometimes the power of a statement invites the interrogative?

Simon J
J3437

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000