Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Shelley A6 Jack
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pards

Australia
38 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2022 :  01:26:23  Show Profile
Does anyone have or could they please take some photo's of the Shelley A6 jack which has the drive position in-line. There are plenty of web photo's of the A6 with the drive off-set but very few of the rarer in-line drive version. It would be interesting to get photos of the jack from a number of different angles. Appreciate anything you can post. Cheers Ian

LewPalmer

USA
3221 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2022 :  15:09:45  Show Profile
There are plenty of photos of Shelley jacks, including the A6 here: http://www.classic-british-car-jacks.uk/shelley_jacks_1.htm

The A6 never had an offset drive - always in line with the egg timer shaped base. Any jack with the drive oddset is not an A6.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281, NA0651
Go to Top of Page

rapide

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2022 :  17:29:22  Show Profile
How very uplifting to see so many illustrations of my favourite lumps of metal which I have frequently and unceremoniously flung under the bench frustrated that yet again the elusive handle has gone walk about and favoured my trusty trolley to avert a crisis as I was about to jack it all in. Well done Jack the lad from another jack of all trades . I am quite sane and by no means an ass.I wonder what Frosts catalogue can offer
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2022 :  17:37:55  Show Profile
I’ve had both jacks lew both clearly stamped A6 one inline and one off set.
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1899 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2022 :  17:42:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rapide

How very uplifting to see so many illustrations of my favourite lumps of metal which I have frequently and unceremoniously flung under the bench frustrated that yet again the elusive handle has gone walk about and favoured my trusty trolley to avert a crisis as I was about to jack it all in. Well done Jack the lad from another jack of all trades . I am quite sane and by no means an ass.I wonder what Frosts catalogue can offer

That's clearly not Shelley.
Go to Top of Page

rapide

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2022 :  19:18:46  Show Profile
surely a remark which is a load of bish!!!
Go to Top of Page

KevinA

New Zealand
669 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2022 :  21:42:17  Show Profile
It could be Mary Shelley though with the monstrous assemblage of meanings of one simple word
Go to Top of Page

Pards

Australia
38 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2022 :  22:07:58  Show Profile
Lew the web site you have listed in the A6 jack report actually shows the off-set drive A6 jack - it is the red one. I have also attached photos of two off-set A6 jacks I have. I am looking for more photos of the in-line A6 jack - the web site only has the one side on view. I think the in-line A6 will prove very similar to the 6 Inch DL jack but it would be great to get some top down, bottom up and both sides to compare. Perhaps Greg if you could take some photos of the in-line A6 it would be appreciated by all.

Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2022 :  22:57:37  Show Profile
Hi Ian I sold a inline one a long time ago I sold one the same as you have in your photos last year
Go to Top of Page

rapide

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2022 :  23:17:00  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by KevinA

It could be Mary Shelley though with the monstrous assemblage of meanings of one simple word ,

Yes ,I reckon it was a 3/4" x6" BSf bolt with a full nut or was it AF?

Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3221 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2022 :  00:40:00  Show Profile
Sorry, I forgot that the later A6 was used well into T-type production, possibly as late as the TC. However, every Triple-M car equipped with an A6 (especially PA and PB) had the inline variety. There were reports that the inline version could be a bit unstable, so that may be the reason that the other design was produced.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281, NA0651
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000