Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Brooklands Motor Sport events June and July
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2022 :  16:57:36  Show Profile
I've just received an interesting note from Steve Castle who is the leading light at Brooklands these days. We have a very good rapport with him and several of you may have met him at the recent British Marques Day at Brooklands earlier this year

Here is what he says:
I thought I should drop you a line to let you know what is going on here at the Museum in the next couple of months, that might be of interest to Triple M Register members.

For the first time since 2019, we are going to be running the Double Twelve Motorsport Festival again this year. It will be on Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th June. It will feature the usual trio of events, with the Sprint on Mercedes-Benz World on the Saturday, and then the Driving Tests on the Members Banking, the Finishing Straight and Test Hill, and the Pride of Ownership concours on the Sunday, there is something for everyone to come and enjoy and potentially take part in.

The one part of the weekend that we are really pushing this year is the Pride of Ownership competition. I am trying to get away with calling it a “concours”, as we know that there are a lot of very nice, original cars out there that owners are very proud of but don’t think are of “concours” standard. We are hoping that by increasing the importance of the originality, history, and patina of vehicles in the judging criteria that we will be able to encourage more owners to bring their vehicles “out to play” for the day and enter the competition. With classes for vehicles that were produced during the 1920s and 1930s, or were of a type that could have raced here during the “Brooklands Era” there is a suitable class for many of your members' cars, if they wanted to join in.

Further details of the weekend, the regulations and entry forms are available on the Museum website via this link.

https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats-on/the-brooklands-double-twelve-motorsport-festival

We are also combining our Vintage Festival and the Brooklands Relived events this year to help celebrate the “Brooklands Year Relived” event. This will be on Saturday 9th July. With live music, trade stands and the usual Relived fun on both 2 and 4 wheels taking place on the Finishing Straight and Test Hill, it should be an action packed day. The Finishing Straight and Members Banking Demonstration runs will be for cars of the Brooklands racing Era, including cars of a type that may have raced here “back in the day”. These laps of the Finishing Straight and Members Banking are on offer for people that would like to drive their period cars on the “hallowed ground” here on the site. For anyone else that just wishes to come along and display their cars on the day and enjoy the atmosphere, we will have a special “Brooklands Paddock” for them to be parked in during the day.
https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats-on/brooklands-years-relived where the sharp eyed of you will spot our President Mike Allison

In both cases, I would be grateful if you could pass this information out to your members, in the hope of encouraging some of them to come along to either of the events with their wonderful cars and to add to the atmosphere of the events.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

Edited by - DickMorbey on 30/05/2022 17:10:44
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000