Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Register Committee Update
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2022 :  16:44:20  Show Profile
Towards the end of 2019 John Summers stepped forward to volunteer to take over the vacant role as the Register’s Hon. Treasurer. This was greatly welcomed by the committee and he took up the reins at the beginning of 2020, only to be confronted with the chaos brought about by Covid, as well as management difficulties within the main MGCC and other complications for the Register.

Despite these 'challenges', John has stuck to his task, but he did ask some time ago to relinquish the role, to which the committee very reluctantly agreed. We owe a debt of gratitude to all our volunteers and especially so to John, who has always been ready to guide and advise the committee with welcome, fresh ideas.

John is in the course of an orderly handover over to his successor, Graham Duncan, who has now been co-opted to the committee. In line with MGCC rules Graham will be up for election at our AGM which will take place on Zoom on Sunday September the 11th at 8:00 pm UK time.

Graham retired in 2020 after nearly 45 years working in the oil and gas industry, designing and building pipelines in locations all around the world. He is also experienced in financial management.
In his words: “My MG journey has been MGB, MGA and now a MGF – 1996 VVC 34,000 miles one owner before me (please don’t choke!) So, I need to find an MMM (J2 preferred) to have any sort of credibility with the Register!”

In welcoming Graham, we also express warmest thanks to John for everything he has done to support the Register.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000