Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Firewalls
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2022 :  16:32:04  Show Profile
Firstly, to the person (no name, no pack drill) who seems to chastise me each time I post suggesting that I search the archives... I HAVE, plus I’ve rung a leading supplier but to no avail..

So, my question..: I’m looking for two new frosted zinc firewalls, one for my D Type and the other for my L Type.

Who supplies these..?

I do have the original ones for each car, but they are tatty and I’d like something a lot nicer.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Mark T Boldry

J2 3714
L1 0589
D 0431

Knaresborough, North Yorkshire.

MmmGee

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2022 :  17:38:43  Show Profile
Hi Mark, I don’t know if there is any special fabrication to the firewalls but the material would certainly be worth trying a metal/ductwork fabricator and use the existing as a template.
Just a suggestion.
Trevor

MmmGee
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
938 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2022 :  20:23:48  Show Profile
Have you thought of biting the bullet and buying a roll. I know, expensive but maybe there is a market beyomnd MMM firewalls.

https://www.es-color.com/products/big-spangle-galvanized-steel/

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3352 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2022 :  21:26:07  Show Profile
Mark
Finding the "correct" metal sheet that is glued to both sides of the plywood is akin to looking for that "pot of gold". The finish is called "large spangle" or "large flake", it is no longer made except in India or China. Minimum order from there is around 50 tons, a little more than you need! That original finish was a consequence of the chemicals used when galvanizing the steel. The use of those chemicals is no longer permitted. You might find some from a company who removes / replaces walk-in fridges or commercial refrigeration units. Good luck.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3352 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2022 :  21:30:09  Show Profile
A quick search produced my last thread on this topic. https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21120&SearchTerms=large,spangle
Try another search but click on "archived".
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2022 :  21:34:24  Show Profile
Hi Mark,
I am sure I can sort out your D type fire wall needs when you pick up the body

Onno "J,D,M" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Sr537

Australia
29 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2022 :  12:11:54  Show Profile
I will soon be reaching this stage with the F2. When you talk about Large flake what sort of flake size are we talking about ? What is too small ?

What is the finished thickness of the panel ?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000