Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Mike Linward RIP
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3230 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2023 :  14:28:38  Show Profile
I have learned the sad news that Mike suddenly passed away yesterday morning.

Mike was a great stalwart who served on the Triple-M Committee for almost 40 years. As competition Secretary Mike produced the competition year report in the Yearbook and in addition to which he was also a keen trialist using his well used J2.

What a terrible loss to the world of Triple-M and his close friends.

Rest in peace dear Mike.

George

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2023 :  16:02:08  Show Profile
At the request of Mike's close friends we had held back on making an announcement of his sad demise, but...

It is with heavy hearts that we must announce the death of our good friend Mike Linward.

He passed away following a catastrophic heart attack while on his way to a medical appointment yesterday morning. Although he was
moved quickly to the North Middlesex Hospital, sadly it was not possible to save his life.

Mike's close friends Ian MacKay and John Reid spent most of the day dealing with the situation and supporting Mike’s sister, and they continue to do so.

Mike was a staunch supporter of the Triple-M Register who joined our committee as long ago as February 1985, serving from that date onwards as our Competition Secretary. He will be remembered as a good friend and adviser to the many of us many within the Triple-M family and will be hugely missed.

Rest in peace, Mike.

Brooklands 1982

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary and acting treasurer
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

Edited by - DickMorbey on 21/01/2023 16:22:22
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1489 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2023 :  17:20:53  Show Profile
That's really sad. Our condolences to his family.

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2023 :  18:18:01  Show Profile
Very sad news & Mike will indeed be missed by all who knew him & The Register itself. His enthusiastic input to the register over the years has been huge; as well as serving as Comp Sec for many decades, he was also the Admin driving force behind all 3 of the successful MMM National/International Record Attempts at Mira & Millbrook. Following the concours standard J2 restoration of his J2, completed around the time I started driving, it was then enthusiastically used in competitions on a regular basis as this post 2014 Kimber photo shows (my car is almost clean by comparison).
Farewell Mike....
JH

Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
988 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2023 :  10:56:35  Show Profile
I am very sad to learn of Mike's death. He was a regular attendee at our Caledonian Centre Three Day tour for many years, always driving his J2 to Scotland, and he personally advised me on how to go about winning the COTY trophy. A great guy.

Colin

Crail, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
82 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2023 :  12:13:07  Show Profile

This is indeed very sad news, Mike will be greatly missed by us all. Andrew and I have known Mike for many many years and enjoyed competing with him at sprints and hill climbs back in the day. In fact, he very kindly lent me his car when I first started competing whilst Dad was finishing my P-Type. The photo below shows me in his car at the Goodwood Sprint in, I think, the late 1980's (how Goodwood has changed since then!)

As Jeremy mentions in his post, Mike was the Admin driving force behind all three of the successful record attempts and the photo below shows Mike giving Dad his record certificate.

Rest in peace Mike.

Elizabeth and Andrew

Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2023 :  10:57:20  Show Profile

Safety Fast, dear Mike!
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2023 :  11:11:00  Show Profile
Dear Mike, indeed. He was a lovely chap.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2023 :  11:17:50  Show Profile
Mike's Linward's sister Beryl and family friends would like you to know the details of Mike's funeral which are as follows:

Monday 20th February at 11.30am at
Enfield Crematorium,
Great Cambridge Road
Enfield
EN1 4DS

The crematorium is on the southbound carriageway of the A10 about 1/4 to 1/2 a mile south of the junction of the M25.

There will be a wake afterwards, venue yet to be established.

If possible could anyone who plans to attend kindly advise Ian MacKay
at ianmgktype@googlemail.com so that he can advise Mike's sister.

Thank you.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary and acting treasurer
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000