Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Traders' Forum
 Modern clutch kit
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Foz

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2018 :  23:16:55  Show Profile
Hi Graham,
have put you on the list.....
several people have had issues getting mail to me.....
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

bernard.scott

United Kingdom
182 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2018 :  14:00:28  Show Profile
Hi Barry,

Just wondering if any of my various email attempts to secure a clutch kit have succeeded in reaching you?

Apologies if you are swamped with correspondence and I am just adding to it!

Best regards

Bernard Scott

Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
751 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2018 :  22:13:19  Show Profile
Hi Barry did you get my email?

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

SteveGrover

South Africa
14 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2018 :  07:05:27  Show Profile
Hi Barry,

I have also tried to e-mail, but not had any response.

Can you confirm whether you have received any my correspondence, and if my name is on the list?

Thanks,

Steve Grover - J3395
Johannesburg, South Africa
Go to Top of Page

John Libbert

USA
211 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2018 :  11:29:58  Show Profile
Hi Barry,

I have also tried to e-mail, and asked Tom Wilson to let you know my interest but not had any response.

Can you confirm whether you have received my request, and if my name is on the list?

Thanks,

John Libbert
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2018 :  19:46:31  Show Profile
To all those who say they cannot get through to Foz by e-mail - are you spelling montlhery correctly? Just a thought

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2018 :  09:11:46  Show Profile
Hi John,
I have put you on my list... but no email yet. As Dick says the French spelling does cause a few issues..... and I also find some of the emails fromqoutside the UK end up in the junk folder...
Try again... Saw Tom on Sunday and had a chat and he went off with a set of parts... should give the overhead locker on the plane a hard time !
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2018 :  22:45:34  Show Profile
Hi All,
clutch kits for 7 1/2" Roper and Wreaks replacement (F,J.L.K) ready..... have sent out to some of you but having trouble with the modern technology getting emails to work.. so if you wanted a kit but not heard from me email me direct at montlherygarage@yahoo.co.uk ... still the same address .. but I have RETIRED... just fulfilling things I have committed to...
Europen postage £15 UK is £8. Have arranged for some to be collected at Beauliue Autoswindle.......
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  13:53:16  Show Profile
Hi All,
still not getting through to everyone who replied but have sent out to as many as I had heard from or had a postal address.

When I offered the few remaining parts I was somewhat startled by the response ...... I had to go an buy a lot of donor clutch driven plates and cover plates and found that over the last couple of years that they had gone up in price. This left me with a problem of was it worthwhile continuing with the extra batch. I emailed those I could explaining I could do the common parts of adaptor plate, modified driven plate and cover plate for the price I had given on this forum but that for the J2/3 owner I would have to ask for the cost of the release bearing and carrier (£75) as an extra and would understand if they declined the kit. This extra is still a lot less than a new release bearing for an original clutch.

It looks like I will have to do a few more....... and some for M-types as the adaptor plate is different......
So this is the LAST call. Cost will be as I have said £395.00 for F/L/K but for M-types (or any with the smaller 7 inch clutch) and J2... apologies if you have one of these wonderful Midgets....£75 for the bearing and carrier.
email me at montlherygarage@yahoo.co.uk I will confirm I have heard from you.... please... anyone who had been in contact and not had a parcel, new orders etc etc....
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Deess

France
194 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2020 :  07:27:08  Show Profile
Hello, yes please to your modern clutch conversion for PA type...
thanks
David
Go to Top of Page

dieterbuesing

Switzerland
14 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2020 :  11:44:58  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Foz

Hi All,
still not getting through to everyone who replied but have sent out to as many as I had heard from or had a postal address.

When I offered the few remaining parts I was somewhat startled by the response ...... I had to go an buy a lot of donor clutch driven plates and cover plates and found that over the last couple of years that they had gone up in price. This left me with a problem of was it worthwhile continuing with the extra batch. I emailed those I could explaining I could do the common parts of adaptor plate, modified driven plate and cover plate for the price I had given on this forum but that for the J2/3 owner I would have to ask for the cost of the release bearing and carrier (£75) as an extra and would understand if they declined the kit. This extra is still a lot less than a new release bearing for an original clutch.

It looks like I will have to do a few more....... and some for M-types as the adaptor plate is different......
So this is the LAST call. Cost will be as I have said £395.00 for F/L/K but for M-types (or any with the smaller 7 inch clutch) and J2... apologies if you have one of these wonderful Midgets....£75 for the bearing and carrier.
email me at montlherygarage@yahoo.co.uk I will confirm I have heard from you.... please... anyone who had been in contact and not had a parcel, new orders etc etc....
FOZ

Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
421 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2020 :  12:32:19  Show Profile
Friends
FOZ reply was posted - 12/08/2018 andmight not be up to date

Kind regards

Sven
Go to Top of Page

rustcollector

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2020 :  15:33:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Foz

Hi Colin,
on the P and N types I used the cover plate from the Triumph/Midget 1500 .... now a bit outdated... but thee are several Ford ones very similar. The work is in the replacement of the modern hub in the driven plate with one made with the 6 splines of prewar clutches........used to do 5 or 6 at a time to reduce the costs of the setup time to do the splines....... I think our Dutch friends have a lot of the info on their site.
yrs
FOZ

Does anyone have a link to any info, can’t see anything on the Dutch mmm site

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000