Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Register Database on-line
 PA duplications
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brian Watson

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2019 :  11:46:33  Show Profile
I've had cause to look closely at PA details in the Register Database recently and noticed some duplications:

PA0496
PA0888
PA1026
PA1497

Dick, one for you, I think.

Brian

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2019 :  20:46:33  Show Profile
Thanks Brian. Comments below. Looks like I will have to crank up the forensics machine!

PA0496 We are unsure whether the current owner is Steve Baker or Jonas Polda
PA0888 Now corrected. Mike Davies-Colley is the owner.
PA1026 We are unsure whether this car is with Phil Hey or Ryan Thompson (both in Australia) Could our Aussie friends please advise?
PA1497 Now corrected Mark Jansen is the new owner but we have not had recent contact.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Fock

Australia
368 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2019 :  02:50:46  Show Profile
I have PA 1026 down on our copy of the Aussie Register with Ryan.

I've not actually seen the car.

Andrew

NA 0279
PA 1294
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2019 :  08:51:04  Show Profile
Thanks Andrew. That's another brick in the wall!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Brian Watson

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2019 :  08:52:45  Show Profile
Thank you, gentlemen.

Dick,

I imagine you've seen the recent discussion on "Bongazoo", PA1874, which is missing from the database.

No rest...

Brian
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2019 :  13:37:38  Show Profile
Thanks Brian

PA1874 is recorded on the database but the current owner is n/k - (which is why it doesn't appear in the prointed tegister listing.

The car is believed to be in Germany, although previously it resided in Sweden where our good friend Svend Ordell had it until 2004. A subsequent owner was Glenn Billkvist but it's believed he has sold the car on. Does anyone 'out there' know any more?

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
649 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2019 :  15:37:10  Show Profile
prointed tegister

Have you been on the falling down juice again, Dick ???
Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
421 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2019 :  16:29:56  Show Profile
A message from out there
PA 1874 can't be seen neither, unfortunately, in my garage nor in the Swedish registers.

A slight mix up of names and perhaps countries. Svend is distinctly Danish or Norwegian perhaps even Icelandic.
Happy hunting

Sven Ordell
Sweden
Go to Top of Page

Brian Watson

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2019 :  00:21:36  Show Profile
Dick,

Sorry to labour this but I'm confused: you say PA1874 is "recorded on the database" but I can't see it on the Register Database on line via the Forum. I haven't looked at the printed register as I don't have a copy.

Is there another record of cars - neither on-line or printed - that records MMM cars in some other way e.g. "all known cars plus cars known about some time ago but current owner not known, or whatever?"

Brian
Go to Top of Page

JCB

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2019 :  11:43:17  Show Profile
Brian and Forum:

You need both forms of the Register.
I have been caught in this one too.
The devil is in the detail.
All the best.

John Bakewell
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
936 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2019 :  12:39:11  Show Profile
A voice of bitter experience; having two part-registers is a disaster in waiting. It won't be long before someone tries to create a third register amalgamating the two part-registers into one 'correct' register. Except it isn't, since it doesn't agree with the two earlier ones. Then there are three and no one knows what is correct, so a fourth … ! I have inherited systems where nine registers of a key asset were being kept, requiring many hours of wasted manpower across the enterprise.

Is it not possible to have just one, uniquely managed register which paid up, password protected (if necessary) members can access and refer to.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2019 :  13:16:32  Show Profile
Please let me hasten to offer reassurance!

The MG Car Club's Triple-M Register has only one repository of information (an electronic database), which is generally known as the Register of Cars - sometimes referred to as the Listing of Cars.

All recorded details of known surviving Triple-M cars (as well as some of those that may not have survived) and their respective owners and former owners are held on that single, secure database. The Triple-M Register has no other registers.

The database is overseen by our good Triple-M friend Koen Struijk.
Information about cars and the owners is in turn managed by our team of nine individual registrars plus Barny Creaser who co-ordinates their actions. Their contact details are available elsewhere on this website

What may confuse some people is that some - but only some - of the information held on the Register's single database is visible on pages of this website - i.e. the one that you are now looking at right now. The information that can be viewed in this way is deliberately confined to the following:-
1. Pictures of individual cars;
2. Basic information which is the same as that which appears in the occasional editions of the printed Listing of Cars.

The following information is NOT visible on this website, even if it exists on the database:
1. Current and former owner names and contact details
2. Documents
3. Cars' identity images
4. Other historic details

As we have mentioned on many previous occasions, any owner can apply to have access to the main database to view the record of their car and the personal information. The database is held in an entirely different location, so you cannot access it though this website.

Access is by means of a secure, encrypted password arrangement and the owner cannot see anybody else's details. Anyone who is interested in having this access should please contact me for details. Access also enables you to upload pictures, documents and other details which, after being moderated by the respective registrar is then taken onto the database.

We hope that many of you will wish to use this facility. Even if you don't, please remember that we depend on all owners keeping us up to date about their cars. If I had a £1 for every owner who 'forgets' to tell us that they have sold their car/s I could afford to buy you all a round!

I too am puzzled that people say that they cannot see PA1874. If you browse the Members' cars facility on this website, there it is!

I hope the above helps and reassures. To repeat: There is only one official MGCC Triple-M Register database!

Coda:
We are of course aware that others around the world maintain separate records, usually confined to their locality - for example, The NAMMMR, The Pre-War Register (Australia), and in New Zealand and elsewhere. We in the 'mother ship' Triple-M Register have good working arrangements with our overseas brethren and many are the occasions when we have been able to unravel long lost information about our lovely, but at times infuriating/tantalising cars!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 27/03/2019 13:18:32
Go to Top of Page

JCB

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2019 :  13:53:59  Show Profile
Dick, Brian and Forum:

This is a gentle walk down eggshell lane.
Accessing the database through members car option does bring up PA1874.
However, going through the browse the register function does not.
I must say the members cars function appears to have more details and is more accurate.
The question is then : why?

I for one will be starting at members cars from now on.
All the best.

John Bakewell
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2019 :  17:14:02  Show Profile
Many thanks John,

You have highlighted something which is beyond my ken, but I suspect that the two sections of the website may be accessing the database in a slightly different way, or maybe they are accessing differently time stamped bits of data? That's a speculation on my part, but Nick, I wonder whether you and Koen could kindly look into this to see whether there is any way in which the two inroads can yield uniform reports?

(I think that everyone probably knows that the website, the database and pretty much everything to do with the Register is volunteer-run, so occasionally you may need to cut us a bit of slack. Thanks for your understanding!)

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 27/03/2019 17:14:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000