Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 News from the MG Car Club
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2020 :  20:29:06  Show Profile
The following may be of interest to all owners, whether or not you are a Member of the MGCC.

The M G Car Club is producing weekly podcasts - largely consisting of chats between the General Manager Adam Sloman and a wide range of Club or Register folk. Some of the material may well be of interest to Triple-M folk and/or any of you who own other MGs, so why not take a moment to check out the podcasts and let us know what you make of them!

Here is the podcast link https://www.mgpodcast.uk/episodes (Try episode 6 to start with!)
Regular Club news is here: https://www.mgcc.co.uk/news-events/

I would be failing in my duty if I didn't alsomention that the Register Committee would like as many of you as possible to join the MGCC or one of the Club's overseas affiliates - of which there are many!

Please remember that even if your car is on our list of known Triple-M cars, that does not make you a Member of the MGCC unless you have joined and paid the (modest) annual subscription!
Joining details are here: https://www.mgcc.co.uk/membership/join-now/

Thanks for your interest!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2020 :  11:11:00  Show Profile
Here is the MGCC's latest news update.

With the ongoing situation surrounding the Coronavirus pandemic, the planned European Event of the Year for 2020, due to be held in Germany, has moved to 2021.
The event for 2021 had been scheduled to be held in Portugal, but following discussions between both German and Portugese clubs, they have reached an agreement for Germany to host in 2021.

Any bookings made for the 2020 event will be automatically carried over to the new event. The events for 2022 (Belgium) and 2023 (Denmark) are unaffected, while Portugal will instead host the 2024 meeting.

There3 is alos an update from Motorsport UK about motorsport competition - click here: https://www.motorsportuk.org/restart/?mc_cid=e11ef38382&mc_eid=57a279351e&fbclid=IwAR0xt1FyVXPK8L2BdsE2tjqHR5gUxn_denWjWnbWcEvgS0W88QsXMYZGW6E

ALso available is podcast Number 7 which includes a 20 minute interview with our own Tom Wilson - a MMM and T type collector from Indiana, USA, in which he discusses his current 11 Triple-M projects - click here to listen to it: Tom's piece starts at 18 minutes 20 secs https://www.mgpodcast.uk/allepisodes/episode-7-the-mg-cyberster-concept-and-an-mg-collection-in-the-usa

There were no responses to last week's posting of Club news - feedback is always welcomed (please)!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 25/05/2020 11:26:01
Go to Top of Page

TCTom

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2020 :  15:38:16  Show Profile
Hello Dick! The podcast was fun to do; Adam and Wayne are doing a really good job with it and entertaining to listen to.
I'll second your recommendation to join the MGCC if you haven't already - it's good to support and be involved in clubs and organizations striving to promote and preserve our MG enthusiasm and activities.

Meanwhile, on the T-ABC forum, a fellow enthusiast posted this link for an interesting read. Good article on the Mille Miglia! It's a 1933 Morris Owner magazine http://morrisregister.co.uk/members/file/MO1933_06.pdf.

Safety Fast,

Tom Wilson
Zionsville, IN USA
Go to Top of Page

Widung

Sweden
189 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2020 :  16:46:26  Show Profile
It was really an experience to see the Morris Owners magazine!

The professionally made drawings, the fun expressive cartoons and the idyllic pictures from another time...

I got lost in nostalgia! How come that people had time to do such a masterwork in the supposedly poor times - do we have the right values?

Widung
PB0635
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2020 :  00:51:17  Show Profile
The Morris Owner magazines were indeed wonderful. They were published by Morris, so funding wasn't an issue for WRM. And the funding probably came from the advertising department!
Go to Top of Page

KevinA

New Zealand
668 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2020 :  01:07:12  Show Profile
if you go up a level http://morrisregister.co.uk/members/file/ there are many more copies.

By far the best is October 1930- it has a picture of my 18/80 in it, but of course I'm totally biased!
Go to Top of Page

JCB

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2020 :  08:53:52  Show Profile
Kevin,Ian ,Widung,Tom, Dick and Forum:

I too would like to say what a real joy the Morris Register back issues are.
Is there an index available?
Would help to navigate the large number of issues.
All the best.

John Bakewell
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2020 :  10:18:13  Show Profile
Loved the line drawings on page 4 of the one Tom put on, there is a drawing of the bridge at Goring-on-Thames, quite different today, and a picture of The George at Dorchester on Thames, where for many years the Vintage Register held their AGM until it's accommodation got too small to house us all and we moved to Shillingford Bridge Hotel, a bit further down the Thames. The George is an old coaching inn with a quaint archway into the car park at the rear and as it was quite central for the committee, so we met there as well. On one occasion were we told couldn't stay as they were filming. We then noticed the inn had a different name and the Dorchester Post Office was now Midsummer Post Office. We never saw Inspector Baranby or Jones his side kick.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

KevinA

New Zealand
668 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2020 :  11:18:21  Show Profile
Hi John B

Sorry but I never found an index. Instead just enjoy the browse.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
864 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2020 :  11:35:26  Show Profile
In the Morris Owners magazine I loved most the article about the MILLE 1933, seen with the eyes by the manager of the MG team Hugh.P.McCONNELL
- - - - "With the Emma Jays in Italy" - - - -
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2020 :  09:51:30  Show Profile
In Hugh McConnell's article, I was interested to read that he refers to H C Hamilton (who partnered Lord Howe in the race) as Harry. Never come across that before.

Colin B.

Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
864 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2020 :  10:51:41  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Butchers

In Hugh McConnell's article, I was interested to read that he refers to H C Hamilton (who partnered Lord Howe in the race) as Harry. Never come across that before. Colin B.

Yes Colin,
I see what you mean.
Perhaps just a typo - - and should read "Hammy" ?

Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
1949 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2020 :  13:58:05  Show Profile
I think Gerhard could be right.

My surname Harrill is often mistaken for Hammill or Hamill.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2020 :  10:15:26  Show Profile
Oh no Chris. There was I thinking that you were actually Luke Skywalker !

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
1949 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2020 :  06:41:46  Show Profile

Hello, Colin.

Ha! Ha!

Hope this revelation hasn’t been too much of a disappointment for you and we can still be friends !

Cheers,

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2020 :  09:55:03  Show Profile
Chris. I dunno about that. I will have to think about it.
Colin B.

Right. I have thought about it. Yes please. Let's stay friends.

Colin.

Edited by - Colin Butchers on 30/05/2020 09:56:15
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000