Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Website problems and suggestions
 Non receipt of email re Forums
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul Acfield

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2020 :  00:44:42  Show Profile
Hi,
Further to previous advice I reinstated all Forums as explained by Nick and received emails for the period 19th May through to 22nd May then they stopped coming ( which is what happened between March and May)

I read posts re checking subscriptions but could not find "My Subscriptions" on the forum when signed in.

Could someone help me explain how I can have all forums reinstated to come to me. I could not find the Icon to add myself back in which is what I did around 18th May.

thanks
Paul Acfield

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2020 :  02:35:09  Show Profile
I could not find "My Subscriptions" on the forum when signed in also.

RodB NZ
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2020 :  08:57:09  Show Profile
All, I believe Nick (webmaster) has temporarily switched off the topic subscriptions facility while he is researching the underlying reasons for delays in postings, which some members have reported.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Paul Acfield

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  09:45:30  Show Profile
Since Friday week ago (23rd April) I have not received any emails from Triple-M forum.

Can someone advise if there is a problem regarding this.

Paul Acfield
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3314 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  12:05:34  Show Profile
Paul
All emails from the forum were bouncing back to me and filling up my inbox. I sent you an email to explain but that bounced back also. You had eight identical subscriptions to all the forums so I had to delete all of them. I have sent you another email from within the website, please let me know if you receive it. I will post here again if it bounces back to me.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3314 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  16:17:51  Show Profile
Paul
That email I tried to send you has bounced back to me. The failure message states "(Unknown Host [10.1.2.118]) by vmercury.xhosttellnet.co.uk with SMTP)". Please contact your ISP and see if they can shed any light on the problem.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Paul Acfield

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2021 :  10:39:37  Show Profile
Hi,
Thanks for your update. We checked with our ISP and my email is working fine this end. They believe it is a problem at your end. I am getting emails from other people and actually we sent 2 emails from this website under my user profile on this website.

I will reinstate subscriptions and see what happens from now.
thanks
Paul & Dorothy
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3314 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2021 :  11:55:46  Show Profile
Thank you Paul, I will post here if any start bouncing back again
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3314 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2021 :  13:58:52  Show Profile
Paul
As you have probably guessed, your subscription emails are bouncing back to me again. I have been doing some research and one possibility is your firewall. This issue is not normally associated with the windows firewall so if you are using a third party anti-virus / internet protection this might be the cause.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Paul Acfield

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2021 :  10:20:09  Show Profile
Hi Nick,
Thank you for your advice yesterday. I am not certain why but that email DID CORRECTLY GO INTO MY EMAIL INBOX with no issue.

My wife, Dorothy, just checked with our firewall provider (AVG Paid subscription) and they advise that there is no issue with Triple-M emails being stopped by them.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Paul

Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3314 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2021 :  16:12:20  Show Profile
Paul
If you can, I suggest you go into your AVG options box, go to firewall and "allow" emails from triple-mregister.org
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Paul Acfield

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2021 :  08:21:01  Show Profile
Hi Nick,

Thanks for email which arrived in our inbox in Outlook. The last post actually came into my emails like before.
I found where to add your website to the "Safe" list in our Outlook so hopefully that will now work.

Re AVG I actually spoke to them and they said they had not blocked any emails from you as we would have got an error message from them. Even so in my versions I couldn't find a similar section to "allow" your website. Hopefully changing Outlook will now work.
Thanks
Dorothy & Paul
Go to Top of Page

Paul Acfield

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2021 :  09:50:00  Show Profile
Hi Nick,
Just went into our emails and we just received 4 emails from Triple-M.
Looks like this worked.
thanks
Dorothy & Paul
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3314 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2021 :  11:59:23  Show Profile
Great news Paul, glad it is all sorted.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page