Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Great service from Vintage MG Parts
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2020 :  22:01:03  Show Profile
We’ve deservedly used this forum to praise our traders in the past. Now it’s my turn to wave a flag for Vintage MG Parts. I emailed Rich for a bronze water inlet elbow and pipe on Monday evening. He had the elbow and soldered a pipe to it later that night. It arrived this morning just 36 hours later. Problem is it’s such a work of art that I don’t know whether to fit it to the car or put it on the mantelpiece! Absolutely fantastic to get these parts ‘off the shelf’ 85 years on.

Tim

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5943 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2020 :  19:16:05  Show Profile
Tim,

Is there a reason for the notch in the stud on the left? And the one on the right could do with being a few threads longer I’d have thought as it doesn’t fully protrude through the nut. As the first couple of threads on a stud are generally not fully formed in order to give a lead-in to the nut you’ve probably only got 2 or 3 threads fully engaging. I think you’d definitely want a longer stud.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2020 :  21:46:08  Show Profile
Simon - beady eyed as always. ;) Actually there is plenty of thread; slightly misleading in the photograph as the nuts are still loose I hadn’t even noticed the notch in the stud, though will file away before long.

Very best

Tim
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5943 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2020 :  22:18:57  Show Profile
Sounds good, Tim, and in truth three threads would actually give you about 75% of the preload, but better to have 100%!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000