Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Netherlands MMM useful parts
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tim Phelps

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2020 :  17:21:31  Show Profile
I remember seeing a couple of years ago a web site which I think was affiliated or part of the Netherlands MMM site which offered a few useful new parts for sale. I'm after some rubber mountings for sidelights to allow them to fit comfortably on ridged cycle wings, but can't find the site.

Help please?!

Thanks
Tim

Oz34

United Kingdom
2483 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2020 :  18:21:01  Show Profile
I think this is the one you're after Tim. https://www.mgmmm.com/

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Tim Phelps

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2020 :  09:47:03  Show Profile
Thanks Dave,
I found this site, but couldn't find the link or page that covered the small batches of useful stuff their members made for themselves and other MMMers.
Tim
Go to Top of Page

Drolshagen

Germany
660 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2020 :  10:12:29  Show Profile
Hi Tim,
you canīt find the link anymore, as far I know they donīt selling any
parts anymore,
may be some of our Dutch Friends here can help you,

cheers
Carl
J2 4362
L2 2036
Go to Top of Page

mgmog

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2020 :  10:44:05  Show Profile
Hi Tim,
https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3815&SearchTerms=side,light,rubber

As suggested in the archive I made mine out of some thick rubber section.

Rich Stott
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3217 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2020 :  12:53:13  Show Profile
I think the it looks better if the landing for the side slights is cut/flattened and welded to provide a flat surface for the side lights rather than having them sitting on top of the ridge.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 03/07/2020 13:00:58
Go to Top of Page

njnh

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2020 :  14:10:55  Show Profile
I am also looking for a supplier of moulded rubber plinths for the Lucas 1130 sidelights on my J2, as originally fitted. They don't seem to be available anywhere, I can only find the flat rubber gasket type, which is of no use.

Is this an opportunity for someone to make some?

Nigel H
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3217 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2020 :  14:30:32  Show Profile
I think the flat rubber gaskets are as originally fitted and as such are correct? I certainly found them to be fitted to a couple of very original P types I have owned/rebuilt in the past.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Paracetamol

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2020 :  16:17:35  Show Profile
To Mr Eagle, what a lovely car, could I fit that type of aero-screen to my NA which seems to have very little room and are they screwed or bolted.
Go to Top of Page

njnh

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  13:49:54  Show Profile
George - what a beautiful car!

According to a previous post there were two versions of the J2 front mudguards, one with a flat section for the sidelights and one without.

https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3815&SearchTerms=Lucas,rubber,plinth

I don't fancy modifying my new S&V mudguards and would prefer to use a deep rubber plinth to bridge the raised swage line. So, still looking...

Nigel H
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  17:27:49  Show Profile
It is possible to get a rubber moulding kit from Frost, the suppliers of restoration tools & materials. A grooved plinth ought to be a shape simple enough to reproduce. The downside is that the kits are not cheap:

www.frost.co.uk/medium-rubber-silicon-mould-resin-casting-kit-500g/

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3041 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  18:46:30  Show Profile
It might be the case that replies from the Dutch group have been curtailed in recent months because of illness. I sent a message some months ago and although I received an acknowledgement there was nothing further.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

treetops

Netherlands
284 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2020 :  09:19:10  Show Profile
Dear all ,

Our small "parts shop" has been idle for a few months. We both moved house and we hope that there is a restart of the shop in a few weeks by enthusiastic youngsters.

There are still a few sets of sidelight rubbers that fit comfortably on the ridged cycle wings available.

Regards

Gerard van Putten and Jos Schreuders
www.mgmmm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000