Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Prescott 2021
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2021 :  16:46:14  Show Profile
Quick update and a couple of questions. 42 MMM entries and counting - see below. Entries remain open with just over eight weeks to go.

In 2019, the Register presented a Best MMM award on the day - a very nice mounted crown wheel. Who will co-ordinate this on the day this year, and who holds the trophy? I will prepare and print off the voting sheets as in 2019. May the best car win!

1 1930 M.G. M Simon Bruce
2 1933 M.G. J2 s/c Gilbert Collins
3 1934 M.G. PA Keith Riches
4 1933 M.G. J2 John Dorney (VMR)
5 1933 M.G. L Heinz Muller (VMR)
6 1934 M.G. PA Anthony Richards (VMR)
7 1929 M.G. M Frank Ashley (VMR)
8 1930 M.G. M Mark Smith
9 1931 M.G. D John Emmett (VMR)
10 1932 M.G. J1 Colin Lee (VMR)
11 1934 M.G. PA Colin Butchers
12 1930 M.G M Mike Dalby (VMR)
13 1934 M.G. PA Colin McLachlan
14 1933 M.G. J2 Dr. Mike Gardiner
15 1934 M.G. PA Mike Wevill
16 1933 M.G. J4 Barry Walker
17 1931 M.G. F1 Ian Goddard
18 1934 M.G. NA Graham Finch
19 1935 M.G. NB William Abbott
20 1935 M.G. NB Chris Little (VMR)
21 1935 M.G. J2 Bernard Scott
22 1930 M.G. M 12/12 Rep. Greg Smith (VMR)
23 1932 M.G. J2 s/c Stefan Wulff
24 1935 M.G. PA Graham Williams
25 1935 M.G. PA Richard Holl (VMR)
26 1930 M.G. M Ian Judd (VMR)
27 1931 M.G. D Digby Gibbs
28 1931 M.G. D Ted Hack (VMR)
29 1931 M.G. D Bill Grayling
30 1933 M.G. J2 Stephen Rees
31 1932 M.G. D Vincent Dransart (VMR)
32 1933 M.G. L André Frick
33 1933 M.G. J2 Arnaud Jacob
34 1934 M.G. PA Andrew Isherwood
35 1932 M.G. J2 Christopher Smith
36 M.G. PA John Woolston
37 1932 M.G. M Matt Harnden (VMR)
38 1934 M.G. PA John Adams
39 1932 M.G. M Philip Coombs (VMR)
40 1931 M.G. D Gerry Annetts (VMR)
41 1934 M.G. PA Ron Warr
42 M.G. J2 Jeremy Prince
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2021 :  18:31:40  Show Profile
Hi Ian, as you know, sadly we cannot attend, otherwise we would offer to help.
Hope you have a great event though!
Colin

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2021 :  23:00:47  Show Profile
Just checked - it was Tim Sharp with his PB that won the MMM Crownwheel Trophy in 2019. Roger Davies was the first winner in 2018 with is PA. I think Tony Richards anchored the proceedings in 2019.

Tim, can you either enter this year to defend your title, or find a way to return the Crownwheel for the next victor?!
Go to Top of Page

Tim Sharp

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2021 :  09:25:50  Show Profile
Ian

Sorry, Not me I'm afraid. I hope Tony can help with who did win.

Regards

Tim

Tim Sharp
PB0685-TR6- Nuneaton
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2021 :  22:52:54  Show Profile
Tim,

It appears you were the victor, but left before the award ceremony. It is possible therefore that it is in store in Cirencester, where I keep all of the heavy PWP paraphernalia in a friend's loft from year to year. Either way, we'll go ahead with the competition.

In other breaking news, this wondrous device is the latest entry today. Just acquired by Nick Cook. Top speed 80 mph - can't wait to see it storm the hill ...

https://www.berrybrooksteam.co.uk/for-sale/steam-cars/346-stanley-h4-gentlemen-s-speedy-roadster-20hp-of-1907
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2021 :  19:00:08  Show Profile
A bit of a critical update on PWP. All of you who have entered should have received this news this morning, but in the interest of spreading it as widely as possible, here's what went out this morning:

Since Pre-War Prescott 2019, much has changed over the past two years. We all know about Covid, which caused the cancellation of Pre-War Prescott 2020 (and much else!) and it will impact Pre-War Prescott 2021 – as detailed below.

In addition, since PWP 2019, MSUK has introduced new regulations governing the sport. These are impacting Prescott and the Bugatti Owners’ Club, and in turn, Pre-War Prescott.

Further details will be circulated in a couple of days, but here are the key points for you to start absorbing:

• ALL entrants (i.e. all those parking their pre-war cars in the Paddock, and whether climbing the hill or not) and their passengers over the age of 18 will require an MSUK Clubman license (or higher ranked license).

• ALL those arriving at the gate on the day – entrants and their passengers, spectators, traders and displayers - will have to pre-register online before the day and their pre-registration will be checked against a list held by the gate marshals. Those not pre-registered will regretfully have to be turned away.

These two requirements mean that it will no longer be possible to simply turn up on the day and pay at the gate to enter and climb the hill, so anyone wishing to enter MUST do so in advance. And for this year, because of the Covid track-and-trace requirements, THIS ALSO INCUDES ALL SPECTATORS. So, if you are planning to come along on the day – even just to spectate, you should put in an entry form ASAP and you will have to pre-register using the BOC system that will go live shortly. Spectators do NOT need a MSUK license, but you might well want to obtain one anyway, just in case you get offered a ride up the hill, or if you are lucky enough to win a ride up the hill in the raffle!

Hopefully, the track-and-trace restrictions will be eased by July and long gone by next year. But for now, it would be safer to assume that track-and-trace will still be in effect for PWP 2021, and the Clubman license and pre-registration requirements for entrants are here to stay.

To obtain a MSUK Clubman license, go to:

https://www.motorsportuk.org/competitors/rs-clubman-licence/

and apply online. It is very simple, quick and free. When your license is e-mailed to you moments later, simply print it out and bring it with you on the day.

The above raises all sorts of questions which I am currently taking up with the BOC. I will be circulating a comprehensive update on all of this as soon as I have all the answers. One big question relates to those turning up early on the day (traders, volunteer marshals, and even campers arriving the day before, etc. I will include the answer in the update.

I am told that I will have access to the ‘back end’ of the BOC pre-registration system so I will be able to see all those who have pre-registered. I will then cross-check this list with the entry list so I can chase up any who have not yet registered. Clearly, this is going to be an enormous overhead, so I would really appreciate if everyone could sort out their licenses and jump onto the pre-registration link as soon as possible when it goes live in a few days. Please look out for the next e-mail update.

A further note on spectators. Right now, the Bugatti Owner’s Club is in constant contact with Tewkesbury Borough Council who are driving the spectator restrictions in accordance with the national lockdown rules. As of today, up to 250 spectators are being permitted to attend Prescott events. This number may be increased by July, so I don’t think we will have a problem with permitted numbers, even at the 250 level.

And a note on obtaining your MSUK Clubman license if you not resident in the UK. Right now, the online form only accepts UK addresses and mobile phone numbers. I spoke to MSUK this morning about this and they told me that a hotel address/phone number or similar is fine. So just use your accommodation details. And they did tell me that they will update the form for next year to include free text fields, so that any address/phone number can be inserted. If you have any problem at all in completing the online application, call the membership staff on +44 (0)1753 765050 or e-mail them at membership@motorsportuk.org.

So here’s what to expect on the day. At the gate, you will show your entry ticket as usual, but you will also need to be checked off against the pre-registration list, and also show your MSUK Clubman license if you are a pre-war car entrant or a passenger aged 18 or over in the car. Then, before climbing the hill, you will need to attend one of the periodic BOC safety briefings to obtain your wristband which permits you access to the start line. This applies to both drivers and all passengers, and it exactly the same system the BOC has always operated. However, the small difference this time is that there will be no paper indemnity form to complete and hand in, because you will have provided all the information on it when you pre-registered online. But if you are a driver or passenger 18 or over, you will have to show your MSUK Clubman license. And that is it!

That is about all I can tell you at this point. The good news is that obtaining a MSUK license is quick, simple and free, and I believe the BOC pre-registration process will be equally straightforward. But I want to make sure that NOBODY turns up on the day and has to be turned away. By sorting all this out in advance, we can all look forward to a relaxing and enjoyable Pre-War Prescott as always!
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  10:06:17  Show Profile
I've just applied for and received a MSUK Clubman licence for Barbara. Note that the application form asks for membership of a club. As Barbara is not a member of any car club, I just left it blank and crossed my fingers, and it went through no problem. The whole thing was very simple and quick.

Colin

Crail, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  17:41:50  Show Profile
Yes Colin, the trick is to ignore the question, but to select Driver, Passenger or Both at the top of that step and then NEXT becomes active.

So it looks like MSUK are just being nosy!

I also spoke to MSUK about licenses for non-UK residents (like me!) as the entry fields require a UK address and phone number. They told me just to give the contact details of whatever is your local accommodation - hotel, B&B, etc.

I'm in ongoing discussions with the BOC over related issues and will report via e-mailed updates and here when I have answers. Let's all hope that the lockdown ends by PWP, if not by June 21st. That will get rid of at least some of this nonsense.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  18:33:48  Show Profile
We're all rooting for you Ian, more hurdles to jump but we're sure it will be a fantastic event (PreWar Prescott always is :) )

Colin Murrell
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  18:48:26  Show Profile
Thanks Colin. The list of questions for Gemma at the BOC is now down to under four pages this morning, so we are making progress!
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  23:50:57  Show Profile
So here's the link for Pre-War Prescott pre-registration.

https://forms.office.com/r/D7nra36PJU

I just pre-registered and it worked fine for me, and the text fields seem to accept free text, so it will take a foreign emergency phone contact. However, it does need your MSUK Clubman license number, which is fine for those climbing the hill, but no good for spectators and others.

I have asked the BOC if this pre-registration form is to be used for non-climbers in order to generate the track-and-trace list. I'll post an answer here as soon as I get one.

Could I ask everyone reading this - if you have entered PWP - to jump on this link and complete your pre-registration and report back here or via e-mail to me (vintageminor@gmail.com) if you experience any difficulties. This includes all of your passengers - who also need MSUK Clubman licenses ...

Thanks!

Ian

Edited by - Ian Grace on 04/06/2021 00:02:22
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  15:00:01  Show Profile
Done for Barbara and me - easy peasy :-)

Colin

Crail, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2021 :  18:53:07  Show Profile
Critical update - date changed to Saturday 11th September.

The following just circulated. Please forward as widely as possible. Thanks.

Hello everyone,

As I am sure you are all aware from my previous updates, the current lockdown restrictions are placing an almost impossible strain on Pre-War Prescott 2021. And yesterday’s news from HMG is that the lockdown is likely to be extended to 19th July. As things stand currently, direction from the BOC means that we cannot have spectator access to the Paddock, there will be no catering in the Orchard, no traders or display stands in the Paddock, no camping over the weekend at all, no rides up the hill for the ATC Cadets, and we – the VMR – would have to man the gates and police arrivers against pre-registration lists and turn non-registrants away. And if that wasn’t enough, masks and six foot social distancing has to be policed in the Paddock and Orchard all day, including the evening BBQ which causes issues with the lunchtime auction and any real social interaction, which is what Pre-War Prescott is all about. We would also have to police the Clubhouse door for the duration of the evening, as well as on Sunday for the start of the Sunday runs and in the afternoon for the cream teas – and on and on.

Therefore, after much consultation and consideration, I have made the decision to postpone Pre-War Prescott 2021 to SATURDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER, and the rest of the weekend accordingly. The BOC has agreed to this date, as has the Winchcombe Rotary Club who will be holding their event at Prescott on Sunday.

I realise that this will cause inconvenience to many, with respect to accommodation, travel plans, etc. And I am also aware that other motor sporting events are going ahead right now with few restrictions, but I must abide by the BOC rules, which also apply to all other events at Prescott at the moment. On the other hand, we have many entrants coming from Europe who cannot currently travel but who may be able to by September.

Above all, Pre-War Prescott is all about having an enjoyable day in great company – it is a garden party with the opportunity to climb the hill. I cannot provide this in July, but I believe I will be able to do so in September.

When I moved the date from July to September last year, I had to cancel September as well because of the deteriorating situation. This year, unless Armageddon falls upon us, the September date WILL hold, even if all of the current restrictions remain. I am not prepared to postpone Pre-War Prescott for two years in a row.

So, in practical terms, I will roll over all of the entries for the weekend received so far to Friday 10th September to Sunday 12th September, and I will make arrangements with Morgan and Westons to move the Friday activities. If anyone who has already booked for July cannot make September, please let me know and I will either refund or roll your entry over to 2022, per your wishes. And for those who have already rolled over to 2022 because they cannot make July, I will be happy to reinstate your entries for September this year if you would like. Just let me know.

This will all take a bit of sorting out, but I believe this can be done without too much complication and we can all look forward to a great September weekend.

Please do come back to me with any questions, requests, concerns, etc. 9(intageminor@gmail.com)
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2021 :  16:26:09  Show Profile
Well, I think I have now updated all of the websites, entry forms, etc. with the new date. Let me know if you see anything I have missed or screwed up! Who knows what the situation in September will be, but I have made the decision to go ahead on 11th September come what may. I'm not prepared to postpone PWP two years in a row. I have had a few cancellations/rollovers to 2022 and also a few have now booked who could not make the July date. Now I have the task of re-jigging all of the Friday activities, the Sunday scenic tour and nav rally and a host of other things. I have already contacted the BBMF to give them the new date and am awaiting confirmation that they can provide air support on the 11th. The Flight is in a similar state of chaos as everyone else at the moment

On the Pre-War Prescott website, under Entry List, I have uploaded the beginnings of the 2022 entry list which includes those who have rolled over their entries. On the other hand, I am assuming everyone I don't hear from is good for 11th September. If anyone spots anything else I need to update, or has any concerns or questions, please fire away. To end on a high note, the latest entry is Jonathan Toulmin with his historic 1934 PA Cream Cracker team car TJ 5000.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1480 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2021 :  18:38:42  Show Profile
Onwards and Upwards Ian :)

Colin Murrell
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000