Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 KY 9374 MGPA where is it now
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rapide

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2020 :  18:10:49  Show Profile
This photo was taken around 1968 at the King William 4th pub at Hadley Highstone . I sold the car to a chap in Chicago and have often wondered where it is now . Does anyone recognise any person

LewPalmer

USA
3209 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2020 :  18:58:47  Show Profile
I have no listing for any car with the UK registration of KY9374. However, the chassis number appears to be PA0689. It is likely that it is still somewhere in the US. But it does not appear in the NAMMMR database, so unable to know the current owner. It is recorded in the UK database, but last contact appears to have been in 1992.

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281
Go to Top of Page

MIKEB

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2020 :  10:21:34  Show Profile
It was quite a shock to see my car that I owned in 1959-60 pictured here. My first car! I bought it for £40 from a friend, David Herbert Nardell, who lived in Loughton, Essex, and sold it to another friend, David Woodward, also from Loughton. During my ownership many things went wrong and it was frequently towed back to my home in Buckhurst Hill.
Last I heard of it was that young Woodward had left it without antifreeze and cracked the block It was painted in maroon with a rather garish yellow under the wings. I see that the DVLA now lists it as green.
Michael Bangs
Go to Top of Page

rapide

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2020 :  11:35:22  Show Profile
It was definitely a two seater when I had it and the problems had been sorted with fresh paintwork in arg
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2020 :  16:45:05  Show Profile
Garry/Mike

Nice to see your postings and the picture of the car.

The records offer us the following owner names:
April 1934: A.Forte, Clapham London SW4
Then:
P. Bush 6/37,
W. Wilson 3/49,
G. Porock 10/49,
G. Stone (USA) '67-'71,
H. Smallwood Merseyside 10/90-4/92
1992 - (present?) Creighton Parry of Leicestershire

Can you please help us to fill in the blanks of your ownership in the late 50s and 1960s?
The attached form may be useful here.

TIA

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

rapide

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2020 :  18:39:33  Show Profile
Hi Dick,

My memory of the car is so vague that I would be at a total loss trying to fill in the form other than to say that at one time I was the recorded keeper in the UK (High Barnet and Cambridge ) and sold it to a chap in Chicago. I was not in the USA. I do recall he sent me a colour snap of the car which I will endeavour to find and forward with a few others .. Whilst on the topic does anyone out there know what happened to my lurid ash green twin cam MGA PFV121. Again I can't. remember chassis numbers.

Garry
Go to Top of Page

Ian Prior

Australia
13 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2020 :  23:51:29  Show Profile
Hello Garry

According to the Twin Cam Register your Car, a Coupe was / is YM1 1226.
You are the last known keeper so the car may not have survived.
Can you give more details of who you sold it to ?

cheers
Ian
Go to Top of Page

rapide

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2020 :  09:48:01  Show Profile
Hello Ian ,

How kind of you to reply . How intriguing that I am the last recorded owner . I can't remember to whom I sold it in around 1971 but do have a vague recollection of a subsequent incident that may indeed have been the demise of the car. How sad! Certainly the reg does not appear to be in issue so you may well be correct in your assumption.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000