Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 RCK Money
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2020 :  18:21:38  Show Profile
A good friend has sent me this picture of what appears to be R.C.K. Money's 1087cc MG device (L type?) taken, we are told in 1949 probably at Shelsley Walsh.

Mr Money had met with success in this car before the war:
- winning the Stanley Cup Competition on June 19th 1937 - a scratch race, perhaps at Donington Park, Crystal Palace or Brooklands
- He also seems to have had success in what seems likely to have been a CSMA Trial in 1939

Here are some clues: Can any of our history gurus offer any insights? TIA

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Vitesse

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2020 :  19:28:30  Show Profile
The 1937 Stanley Cup meeting, organised by the Frazer Nash CC, was held at Donington Park.

"The Stanley Cup Competition and Inter Club Meeting will be held on June 19th at Donington Park, where the programme of races is identical with those of last year, with the exception that the Team Relay Race has been increased to four laps per car instead of only two laps per car.

The short sprint races over 1,000 yards have been scrapped in favour of one-lap scratch races sub-divided into classes. The rest of the programme will include ten-lap scratch race, ten-lap All-comers Handicap and Short and Long Handicaps." - preview in Motor Sport June 1937.

However, they don't seem to have reported the meeting, which was on the same weekend as Le Mans - a race which of course was sadly notable for the crash which claimed the life of Pat Fairfield.

Edited by - Vitesse on 15/08/2020 19:35:16
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2020 :  10:38:43  Show Profile
Mr Money entered his car in both the 1946 and 1947 Brighton Speed Trials (Comp Numbers 25 and 58 respectively) in each case entered in the "1100cc Racing" Class. By that time he was entered as Major R C K Money and it is good that both driver and car had survived the war. Regrettably I do not have any times for him. I wonder whether George has any further information from a perusal of the L2 files?

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

bobbuckby

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2020 :  20:15:02  Show Profile
Hello, I am the person who purchased the pewter tankards recently in Milton Keynes, my thanks to Vitesse for the Donington meeting information, I sent the pictures to the Frazer-Nash Club and to another MG owners club, but to no replies. I only found that my picture of them had somehow made it onto the internet at large whilst conducting a search for Lawrie Bond and his Doodlebug device at Shelsley Walsh at the same meeting as RCK Money, and this forum thread popped up! I am interested in the history of Mr RCK Money and whether he was in some way related to the Money-Coutts banking dynasty, quite probable I should imagine to be able to afford his hobby. I emailed Sophia Money-Coutts the Daily Telegraph journalist, again to no effect. I wonder if the car still exists as I would be minded to re-unite them with the vehicle and current owner.

robert j buckby
Go to Top of Page

Lucy Pesaro

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2020 :  09:15:55  Show Profile
Major R.C.K. Money was my father. I was born in 1949 - the year of this photo. He was with the Royal Engineers at Tower Hill Camp, Upper Upnor. He had converted a double decker bus into a family home parked there. His father was a Colonel Money. I took him to Brooklands once and he showed them a trophy he had won there in the thirties.
Go to Top of Page

Sandro Binelli

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2022 :  10:04:51  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Lucy Pesaro

Major R.C.K. Money was my father. I was born in 1949 - the year of this photo. He was with the Royal Engineers at Tower Hill Camp, Upper Upnor. He had converted a double decker bus into a family home parked there. His father was a Colonel Money. I took him to Brooklands once and he showed them a trophy he had won there in the thirties.

Dear Lucy,
I read that your are the daughter of R.C.K. Money. I am a car researcher from Italy and I'm researching an Alfa Romeo owned by your father from 1940 to 1967. You can see the history and some pictures in the website dedicated to the car: https://automotivemasterpieces.com/cars/AU-20686
I would like to publish a biography of your father. I only know that he was a major. Is it correct? I read that he served the UK army but I looking for correct information.
Can you recognize your father in the old pictures in the barn?
Do you have additional photos or information of this great Alfa Romeo?
We believe that your father raced also with this car in the 50s and we have one picture but we do not have any information about the races.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards.
Sandro Binelli
Go to Top of Page

Sandro Binelli

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2022 :  10:10:34  Show Profile
Dear All,
I'm sorry to post an Alfa Romeo and not an MG! I understand that the R.C.K. Money's Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 was owned by a great MG enthusiast and I wonder if you have information to complete its history: https://automotivemasterpieces.com/cars/AU-20686
Thanks for your help. Best.
Sandro
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000