Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2M2710
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2020 :  15:48:05  Show Profile
This car originally belonged to Chris Drewett, the commentator at Prescott. During a recent chat chris asked me if I knew whether it still existed and looking up the Register I was able to tell him that it does. The last listed owner is shown as Andrew Harry Jefferson with an owner change date of 26/10/87. DVLa record show that the car was last taxed in 1991, with a new V5C isued on 24/7/91. This may be a change of owner, or address. Chris would very much like to make contact with Mr Jefferson or any new owner, and I can put him or her in contact with Chris. All information will be much appreciated.

Frank Ashley

Edited by - mgmog on 07/09/2020 16:10:52

sam christie

United Kingdom
3056 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2020 :  16:00:52  Show Profile
Is this the same car?

Sam
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2020 :  17:44:18  Show Profile
Mike Dalby is the Registrar for the M types - contact details on this web site. He is a mine of information on the M types!

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2020 :  11:23:39  Show Profile
George, I have already given the updated info to Mike, and we both will welcome any more info.
Sam, very interesting pictures; do you have any more details? from the early Ford Fiesta in the firsy picture, I would guess a date of sometime in the 70s. I can't make out the reg no of the Fiesta to help with the date. Do you have any idea where the photos were taken?
The scenery could suggest your part of the world.

Frank Ashley
Go to Top of Page

Richard Martin

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2020 :  18:25:57  Show Profile
Hello Frank.
I met Andrew Jefferson about 5 years or could be longer, at a local car show.He had a 1960s Aston Martin if memory serves me correctly.
I think he had the M type until at least early 1990's but had sold it when I met him.
He was looking at my overhead cam MG although not MMM unfortunately!!
Could probably contact him if required.
Thanks
Richard Martin
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3056 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  09:42:43  Show Profile

I have no information about the two photographs which I added. These were almost certainly downloaded from the internet. Perhaps an internet image search would locate the source.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2020 :  10:16:48  Show Profile
Thanks to the comradeship of old car clubs, I now have much more information to pass on to Chris Drewett. Clive Robinson, once an M-type owner but now has a cammy minor knew the car when it was owned by John Nutter and the bottom photo shows John driving with Clive navigating on the VSCC Buxton Rally, and the other photo is in the stable courtyard at Chatsworth House in May 1985 with Clives 8 month old son "driving". Clive is out of sight leaning in through the passenger door holding his son up! How these photos ended up on the internet is another of life's mysteries. John sold the car a couple of years later to someone in Lincolnshire, which ties in with the entry in the Register.

Richard, if you can contact Andrew Jefferson, I would like to put Chris in touch with him. I can be reached at 01789-720375 or frankashleymgm@aol.com
Any info on the current owner would also be appreciated.

Frank Ashley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000