Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Information on the following cars please
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

William Cullen

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2020 :  23:34:06  Show Profile
Hi all
A friend has just discovered the attached photos of the MGs owned by her father believed to be in the 30s. Please confirm the types and are they on the clubs register/factory files.
Thanks
Bill

Bill

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  00:17:39  Show Profile
Bill,

APF is J2781 and it still exists. The car where you cannot see the Reg is a PA 4 seater. No record for WV 7728 on our online database, but looks like an N type to my uneducated eyes.

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  10:33:02  Show Profile
What nice period pictures.

WV 7728 is a very nice NA 2 seater, what a pity the Registration does not appear on the Register.

I will save the pictures on the web site using the Registration number in the hope the car may surface one day. It is amazing that "new" cars do still turn up.

George
Registrar F/L/N types and PBs
Go to Top of Page

William Cullen

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  16:31:40  Show Profile
Hi All
Just been sent another picture including J2 APF 605 J2781

Can the register for J2 tell me if this car has the factory files available as I would like to have copies to pass on to Pam.
Also can the phots on the register be up loaded so I can pass those on.
Thanks

Bill
Go to Top of Page

JohnE

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  22:16:29  Show Profile
Hi Bill,
Abingdon has the factory files and I'm sure they can sort you a copy for J2781 when they get back to full operation. The photos have been uploaded, although I hope they don't start a wave of balancing on hood frames or radiator shells.

JohnE
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  07:37:04  Show Profile
Well, that sorts out the images for next year's MG calendar; anyone prepared to provide up to date versions?

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

William Cullen

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2020 :  16:16:51  Show Profile
Another update for this car.
Pam has found a couple of new photos of the car owned by her dad believed to be between 34/36? His name was Frederick William Ambrose he died in 1957 aged 52, He joined the RAF in 1939 and became a Sargent Flight engineer in the 97th squadron, his aircraft crashed near Duisburg on the night of 28/29yh August 1942. He was taken prisoner and moved to several Stalag Luft camps was liberated 19th April in 1945. Pam would love to see the car, so if the owner or is you know the present owner and they would be happy to let her see the car, please let me know.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2020 :  18:21:31  Show Profile
Hi All. APF 605 is the car that started my life in MGs. I bought it for £75 in October 1967 in Beckenham, Kent, with a Ford engine; and my determination to find the correct engine & box was the reason I found myself buying MG parts!
Those who still have a copy of my original catalogue will find APF 605 gracing the front cover, from a wonderful water colour by Richard Geiger who did the fabulous inside design of the catalogue.
If any of you can obtain a copy of the MG Owner's Club monthly magazine "Enjoying MG" for July of this year, Malcolm Green (who needs no introduction to any of you)has written a wonderful article on the past & present history of "APF".
The car is totally restored and quite safe in a small collection in this country. This is one car I did NOT want to leave the UK.
I have sent Bill the article by Malcolm, and if he gets in touch with me, I'm certain I can arrange for Pam to visit the car.
Cheers, Barry Walker.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000