Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Bulletin index
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2020 :  13:04:08  Show Profile
Did anything ever come of this, please?

https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9432&SearchTerms=Bulletin,index

JCB

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2020 :  11:07:52  Show Profile
Cathelijne and Forum:

I must agree an index would be very useful.
Not bothered about format.
Online would be easier to keep up to date.
All the best.

John Bakewell
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2020 :  12:01:11  Show Profile
Hi Cat

It looks as if the project did not come to anything?.

I believe there was an index produced a long time ago, I think the author was from Canada? I will see if I have a copy.

It would be a big task to produce an index from scratch. It took me long enough to produce the Yearbook index - now filed by Nick in the documents section. Keeping this index up-to-date as each issue is printed is the easy bit!

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  11:24:28  Show Profile
Cat
I had forgotten all about this effort. I will see if I can find out if we made any progress.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  14:39:00  Show Profile
The "long time ago" index, produced by the Register covering 1/68 to 12/78 - seemingly was compiled by me !
Totally forgot about it.
On the front is a note that there was a previous one produced by Phil Peckham which covered the Triple M & Vintage Bulletins Nos 1 to 30.
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  14:43:35  Show Profile
Tony
If you send me a copy I will see if we can resurrect the index.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  15:06:03  Show Profile
Nick

My copy - maybe the only one - is on old fashioned paper and some 34 pages long.
i don't want to go through the dfag of digitising it

Tony
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  16:25:32  Show Profile
Tony,

If you would care to send it to me using the General Post Office I would be hapy to digitise it for everyone's benefit!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  18:54:47  Show Profile
Thank you Dick, good idea
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  09:05:35  Show Profile
This is the front cover of Tony’s Index, which shows the publications covered, continuing from Phil Peckham’s 1968 index of the Triple-M and Vintage Bulletins

Go to Top of Page

Peter Frost

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  09:31:07  Show Profile
Hi Nick,
I have the original "Index to Technical Articles in Triple-M Year Books,Infoletters & Bulletins"
This was produced by Pat Mullen email pmullen@telus.net in 2003 26 pages topics go from a-z Axles to Windscreen Wipers. Miscellaneous Tech.Tips and Technically oriented Articles.Sources of parts etc
Special Tools for MMM Cars. 3 Appendixes
Also have Triple-M Register Yearbook Index 1971 to 2012 Front page has picture of Twin Cam Engine K3009 8 pages layout as above done by G.R. Eagle. 8th June 2013
Can send copies if needed.
Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  11:34:35  Show Profile
Peter, thanks for your comments

There seem to be several listings floating around!

Thanks to George Eagle the Yearbook index 1971-2019 is available here: https://www.triple-mregister.org/uploads/retro/Yearbook_index_2019.pdf

Peter,Tony, John if any of you would care to send me the earlier Pat Mullen and/or Tony Margel indexes we can get them digitised.

What will happen after that is a matter of conjecture, but it would seem sensible to consolidate the information in some way and (if we ever reach a state of perfection) reconcile the undoubted inconsistencies of info that are bound to have arisen over the decades!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 03/11/2020 11:35:14
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  14:14:47  Show Profile
Nick & Dick

I am geared up to get my copy of the index copied.
I will mail it to Nick as the original is just as likely to dissapear in the UK mail system as the US one

Note this was produced by the MMM Register, not me, from my master list [now long gone]. It was probably done on a duplicating machine, in those pre photocopier days. So it is very unlikely to exist in the Register archives.

Pleased to see that at least one other copy still exists.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  16:24:01  Show Profile
Tony/all

Depending on how the original is scanned it can include text recognition features and/or can be converted to an entrely digital format. That would make the scanned version searchable which would be a great benefit to users

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5986 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  16:54:30  Show Profile
Of course, if the digital version had hyperlinks to allow you to go straight to the article concerned, that would be even better!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2020 :  13:48:51  Show Profile
I have received the copies of the index from Tony. Thank you Tony!

There are about 30 pages of typewritten data, that must have been a great deal of work to produce and impossible to add more records without rewriting many if not all of the pages.

Here is a specimen:

Here is the key to the abbreviations:

My plan:
  • 1. Import most of this data into a spreadsheet.
  • 2. I do not plan to include the yearbook data as we already have an index courtesy of George Eagle.
  • 3. Should I include Safety Fast? If I include Safety Fast it will mean someone adding all the information from 1979 to present. Is anyone willing to do that?

Thoughts please

Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000