Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 K1 saloon
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Npdavea

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  16:35:36  Show Profile
This car was sold through Bonhams in 2019 though sadly I didn't notice it although I was looking for such a one.
Reg Number AXB 201 Chassis K0370. Incorrect dumb Iron stamping of N630 suggesting the wrong chassis or a crash repair sometime before 1964.
It was bought by someone in the UK and I wonder if it is now known to the Register and if is being restored and by whom.
My interest was that I was looking for a K saloon but bought an NB 4 seater instead which I have now finished. Peter Green told me in 2015 that there was a K1 in Scotland but that the owner had decided to start the rebuild himself. I wonder if this is the same one but sadly I cant ask Peter.

D P Allen

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  17:28:39  Show Profile
This car did indeed come from Scotland along with K2019, both cars were in the long term ownership of the late Mike Waggot.

The car is listed in the current edition of the printed Register as being owned by Tom Dark. I believe the plan is to restore the rare car as a saloon

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Npdavea

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  11:47:23  Show Profile
Thank you George,
Ross Kelly from Oz has already been in touch directly.
I spoke to Peter Green about this in early 2015 but he said the Scottish K1 had gone to the body restorers. Pity I didn't know about it coming on the market. Anyway I have a lovely new NB to play with instead.
Just had new hip last Friday so I am looking forward to driving the NB soon.
I do hope Tom Dark keeps it as a saloon.

D P Allen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000