Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 BUU964
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CMessenger

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2021 :  18:17:32  Show Profile
Hello and thank you for letting me join.

I found these whilst going through some very old photos looking for something else,this is my late Grandfather and his MG at some point in the 1950s,the DVLA check says that it still exists.

I thought that maybe the present owner might be on here and enjoy seeing these photos.

Edited by - CMessenger on 28/01/2021 18:21:12

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3226 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2021 :  18:56:59  Show Profile
Hello Colin and welcome to the Forum.

BUU 964 does indeed exist, it is NA0574 which was a 4 seat NA but now sports a 2 seat body, has a pre-select gearbox and is supercharged!

The car is owned and raced by David Downes whom I am sure will contact you via this Forum.

Perhaps you could give me your late Grandfather's details, I would like to add his name to the file for the car and could I also post the lovely pictures?

George
Registrar F/L/N types.
Go to Top of Page

CMessenger

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2021 :  19:08:07  Show Profile
Hello George.

That's fantastic! I'm sure there will be other photos once I continue to go through them. You are more than welcome to use them.

My Grandfather was Capt. Peter Lionel Messenger. The photo on the left was taken in Epping forest apparently.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3226 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2021 :  20:10:00  Show Profile
Hello again Colin

Picture of the car as it is today!

I have emailed David to advise him you have made this posting and I am sure he will be in touch.

More photos welcomed!!

The other car is a T Type - TA, TB or TC.

George
Registrar F/L/N types and PBs.

Edited by - George Eagle on 28/01/2021 20:12:35
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2494 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2021 :  21:01:34  Show Profile
Hello Corin, he wouldn't have been Capt Pete Messenger of BOAC would he?

Dave (also of BOAC, but never met him)
Go to Top of Page

CMessenger

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2021 :  21:11:05  Show Profile
Hello Dave.

Yes, the same man. Pete Messenger, Lionel (Buddy) Messenger of Imperial Airways was his Dad.

I think he would of been on Connies or Strats around the time this was taken.
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2021 :  07:43:24  Show Profile
Morning Colin.
It was so nice to see photos of BUU964 from the fifties. I would love some digital pictures, as would George, to go with the cars history file.
I bought it in 1994 as a restored rolling chassis with a J2 style 2 seater body and radiator. It took several years to source the bits I wanted, and once it was run in I used it for hillclimbs, racing, and touring at home and abroad. No real success in competition events, but huge fun being on the track with some really nice fellow MMM owners.
I have not raced it for a few years now, but still use it, Covid permitting, quite often.
If you click on my name to the left of this post you will see my email address, as the forum email system has been a little less than reliable in the past.
Very best wishes,
David

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000