Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Accessing the MGCC members only area of the Forum
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2021 :  12:45:40  Show Profile
Many Forum subscribers are Members of the MG Car Club. We have a MGCC Members only area of the Forum which Club Members should be able to access to view and comment on Club-specific info.

If you wish to access that area but find that you cannot do so, please supply me or Nick Feakes with your MGCC membership number so that Nick can give you read and write access.

Thank you

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 06/04/2021 12:46:06

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2021 :  18:09:25  Show Profile
A reminder that MGCC members can access the MGCC Members only area of the website to read material that is Member-specific. Our chairman Jeremy Hawke has made a relevant and interesting posting today which Members may like to read.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2021 :  15:54:37  Show Profile
I'm still not getting access?

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2021 :  18:33:20  Show Profile
Nick, could you please allow John access? Many thanks

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

BobH

United Kingdom
243 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2021 :  19:36:49  Show Profile
I used to have access up to about a week ago but seem to be denied now. Can you fix it please? Number 118962.
Go to Top of Page

James Page

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2021 :  12:17:05  Show Profile
Hi Dick,

Like BobH I had access until about a week ago but now denied. My membership No. is 72426. Thanks, James
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2021 :  14:00:22  Show Profile
Dear Me, I am also persona no grata.

What crime have we all committed?

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

cur10k

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2021 :  14:18:26  Show Profile
I'm in the same boat, no access!

Membership number 46482

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2021 :  18:18:15  Show Profile
Bob, Robert, Ian and James,

The answer may lie here:
https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19586

No crime, no discrimination but a data issue!

Nick, would you please reinstate these gents with their access to the Members only area? Thanks.

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2021 :  20:50:04  Show Profile
Thanks for trying Dick, but still no access

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

Mikeenty

United Kingdom
195 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2021 :  22:18:17  Show Profile
Moi Aussie, mate.
The main club site has a problem in that the safety certificate has expired!!!
Elementary mistake. One needs professionals here methinks....
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2021 :  06:06:21  Show Profile
Mike, are we talking about two things here?

1. Your access to this Triple-M Register website Forum\MGCC Members only area
That is controlled by our webmaster Nick Feakes - webmaster@triple-mregister.org
or
2. Access to the MGCC's website - Members' area.

If it's 2. the Register has no control whatsoever over it - you'd need to https://www.mgcc.co.uk/members/login/ or talk to the team at Kimber House 01235 555552

Hope this helps

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 24/04/2021 06:08:10
Go to Top of Page

Mikeenty

United Kingdom
195 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2021 :  09:32:58  Show Profile
Hi Dick, I cannot access the MMM MGCC members area, so I went on to the MGCC site to check my cars. The MGCC site has all my cars wrong, listing my old Twin Cam racers which I sold in the last millennium, and none of my MMM cars listed! Whilst trying to correct the MGCC’s listing my computer complained a lot that the MGCC site was potentially dangerous because their safety certificate had expired and did I really want to visit it.

Best regards,
Mike.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2021 :  11:04:53  Show Profile
Thanks Mike. That commentary is most helpful.

This is a tricky area from the data point of you and I’m not a data expert, but the basic rule applied by the club is that they encourage all members to notify them at Kimber house of whichever cars they have or any changes to those ownerships.

The system at the moment isn’t geared up to receiving automated data flows from our own register database of cars and owners. Our database was developed a few years ago because we were not in a position to get direct easy access to the main club database and even if we were, it would not be possible to amend the data as that is understandably regarded as sacrosanct by the club. We would have to flag up factual changes which would in most cases then be implemented.

Equally data reported to us from the club to us in the register may be less than complete or accurate for the reasons mentioned at the start.

We will be working with board members to try to bring about an improvement in the way in which data can be accessed and shared between the register and the club and there is now more of an appetite for this sort of innovation. In the meantime, sadly, entries into our own database or indeed that of the club have to be done individually on the case by case or member by member basis. This is grindingly slow and tedious, not to mention hard work for everybody involved including us humble Registrars!

I know that Colin Withers will see this post but I will flag it with him and also Liz Allsworth the membership secretary down at Abingdon because I’m sure there has to be a better way of handling things than at the moment.

As it happens we are very proud of our register database because it is much more comprehensive in extent, including not only details of the owner and his or her car or cars, but also a wealth of other information including historic documentation past and present photographs, identity features and much more besides. You can therefore understand that we are very reluctant to discard what we have in favour of something different.

By contrast the club system operates under?software known as RevUp which not only records membership information and rather vestigial details of the cars, but also is the portal through which competitors can enter for race and other events. So far there has been no indication that the club will wish to depart from that particular software tool and although I can quite understand that, equally it does mean that the two systems will perhaps forever have to operate in parallel!

I hope this helps. This is just typical of another day in your humble register secretary’s life. On a good day there is time for other things!

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2021 :  15:30:31  Show Profile
I have added all of you from above this post. My apologies for the inconvenience.
It is quicker to email me directly.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2021 :  12:09:47  Show Profile
Thanks Nick, access now gained.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic