Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Removed post..
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5945 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  08:45:53  Show Profile
Ian,
The moderators are listed on the Forum home page

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
936 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  08:58:36  Show Profile
I recognise, Simon, you mastery of this site and contents, but, pray where on the Home Page?

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5945 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  09:04:58  Show Profile

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
936 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  09:08:32  Show Profile
Thanks, Simon, that's what comes of working on a small screen and going straight to 'Active Topics'.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772

Edited by - Ian Bowers on 08/04/2021 09:09:19
Go to Top of Page

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  15:21:14  Show Profile
You beat me to it Ian... and thank you Simon. So the moderators are Dick Morbey, mgmog and Nick Feakes. Could one of you tell us what the process is that you have available to ‘delete’ a thread... I really can’t see how in this day and age, a thread could be ‘unintentionally’ deleted... Nick suggests that he knew nothing of the thread and certainly hasn’t deleted anything, and Dick appears to be pointing the finger at mgmog unless of course it was Dick himself...
There’s a principle here, these pages are to chat about all aspects of our hobby and that includes positive and negative discussion. Clearly one of the two Moderators doesn’t agree with that and ‘appears’ to have taken it upon himself to censor this and how many other pages. I think it’s time that the guilty party stood up and made himself known... or are we to assume..?

There really is NO wonder that there is so much discontent in the ranks...!

Mark T Boldry

J2 3714
L1 0589

Knaresborough, North Yorkshire.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5945 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  16:05:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mark T Boldry

There really is NO wonder that there is so much discontent in the ranks...!

There is? Really? Where? Shome mishtake shurely?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  16:41:47  Show Profile
Simon, it’s the unseen and the words spoken off forum... The truth is, the forum has lost many of it’s followers... Perhaps your comment is, indeed tongue in cheek.. as you know fulwell there is discontent.. ;-)

Mark T Boldry

J2 3714
L1 0589

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5945 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  17:05:07  Show Profile
I can honestly say that I know of no one, apart from you (and of course Rich who has taken his ball away to play on Farcebook), who seems to harbour such discontent. Yes, there are lots of us who get irritated by this and that - me included - but by and large I find the Register (part of the MG Car Club, don’t forget) and the Forum (open to any Tom, Dick or Harry) splendid resources and I have made many friends, both in person and via email, all over the world as a result. YMMV (and clearly does!)

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  17:20:00  Show Profile
Simon, I really do hope that it can get back to it’s halcyon days with positive input and positive enthusiastic responses. I have friends in Belfast (some mutual as you’ll know) and as soon as permitted, I’ll be visiting them in Donaghadee and Balynahinch.. I’d like to have the oppertunity to meet you too...

I guess that you won’t be aware of those that have walked away from the MMM Forum or / and the MGCC, why would you know..?

Lets get MG back to being the marque of friendship eh...

Mark T Boldry

J2 3714
L1 0589

Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3314 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  19:53:39  Show Profile
Mark
Deleting a reply is simply a matter of clicking on a 'delete' icon. It is all too easy to click on the same icon in a slightly different place and delete a whole thread without intending to. With this forum software, once it has been deleted from the database, it it is gone for good. Who out there has not deleted something from a computer unintentionally? Remember that warning "Do you really want to format your hard drive?" and without reading the message properly you clicked "Yes". I have, more than once.
Perhaps the forum should not be moderated at all? Let every member post whatever they like. If not, what do you moderate and what would you leave alone?
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
1940 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  20:23:18  Show Profile

Nick.

I think a return to basic manners would be a good start. A simple ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ are all too often omitted in texts to one another.

Sometimes we see downright rudeness and is it really necessary?

Furthermore, some sort of acknowledgment for advice given would not go amiss, so often ignored and not too much trouble is it?

A little thought is all that it takes to make life so much more pleasant.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3314 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  22:59:47  Show Profile
Chris
Couldn't agree with you more. Excellent advice.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Ktype

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2021 :  19:02:29  Show Profile
I am somewhat torn between my admiration and appreciation of all the voluntary work done by Nick, Simon and Dick and a regret that Richard Hardy is no longer using the forum. Yes, I can go to his Facebook page but all of our valued suppliers being in one place is, well, nice.

We all know that electronic communication slips us all down a path of not using the manners we would face to face. Hats off to Westbury then: I do think he is right that a more conscious effort to be polite to each other - and particularly to those who ensure we have a forum - would help us all a lot. Richard - I know you are out there - please do consider becoming active on the forum again.

All the best

Paul

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1127 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2021 :  20:47:07  Show Profile
Had enough.No restriction on what is being said on Facebook, that many have no visibility of.....

Rich is doing some great stuff, but I m sure he doesn’t need others talking on his behalf.
The criticism and negativity bears no resemblance to the majority support of this club. I see No commentary on the other amazing suppliers . And I use everyone, because we need everyone!

Absolute crap to state that MG is not the mark of friendship over point in time issues .
I have no agenda, no sides...but I d love this topic to be deleted...boring.

This is important. Families, generations but also our new friends that are joining us. Shocking advertising..what result do you want..it’s not helping anyone’!

There is no boundaries... I invite anyone that thinks otherwise to come to a gathering or a race meeting when we can.

Sorry nothing to do with freedom of speech, just general manners and common sense. Seriously had enough of all this, doesn’t happen in my day job and I m dealing with some of the most challenging business transformations out there.

I m off to play with our cars with wonderful friends ! I hope If anyone has an issue with me...pick up the phone...don’t sit behind social media!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2137 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2021 :  23:27:42  Show Profile
Dear KType, Dolts and all other MMM friends,

This, as many will be aware, is my first Forum posting since self-imposed exile from September 2020. It may also be my final post following many many years of providing tireless support to MMM enthusiasts and the MMM committee through this forum.

I am of the view that as a MMM community, we are all far stronger when seen to be working well together in unity. This may not always be achievable however but should not be ruled out through a lack of effort.

Regrettably, an element of the MMM Committee remain very much aware that reaching out for a conciliatory discussion with a long overdue personal apology relating to a highly misleading committee posting last year would present a milestone in repairing my own level of respect and support for the MMM committee and in turn, my support for the MMM forum platform. Correspondence in the meantime has remained unanswered for months on an outstanding issue and I cannot unfortunately condone what has occurred and the way matters have been left.

Noting the odd previous post by members speculating that ‘Rich has taken his ball and wickets home’, what I do say to enthusiasts here is that my current position does not directly relate to the committee originally imposing a 3 month withdrawal of privileges from the forum in June 2020, irrespective of whether their decision was deemed right or wrong. It relates to a somewhat misleading committee posting concerning myself which appeared, I could not counter-comment at the time due to having effectively been silenced and, the posting shortly thereafter quietly disappeared for reasons best known to themselves. The point being, it appeared however and should not have done so. The committee know what this related to and, the consequential situation now very much rests with them.

Very much independent to the MMM Forum, Vintage MG Parts MMM parts production is in full swing. Lots of detail always on its Facebook page Vintage MG Parts.com. I am aware that not all members embrace Facebook but love it or loth it, nothing readily comes close in terms of its commercial and social global reach. For the time being, it is here to stay with its benefits vastly outshining its pitfalls when used appropriately. For those MMM enthusiasts who have not used it, all I would say is, do give it a try, use it to your benefit and then see what you think. There is a whole new global MMM World to discover out there and a great tool to run alongside general car club forums.

Where Vintage MG Parts have recently been reportedly slow in responding to any enthusiasts with parts enquiries, we apologies but please bear with us. Over recent months there has been an escalating influx of far too many parts orders flooding in for the time available. The majority of our parts have to be individually hand crafted and to a level of quality expected of us. There are sadly no shortcuts. We have now managed to clear the majority of back orders and more new parts lines are scheduled to be announced next week and thereafter.

Regards to all MMM friends and customers around the world.

Rich Hardy
www.vintagemgparts.com

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000