Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Searching for 1934 MG J2 ST7702
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chrissywissy

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2021 :  16:12:17  Show Profile
Hello All

I am trying to discover the whereabouts of a J2 for a friend whose father owned the vehicle for five years from 1945. The car shows up on the DVLA site so we think it still exists.

I would be most grateful for any information you may have on this car especially if it relates to the current owner.

Thank you.

Chris Randall

Chris Randall

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5999 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2021 :  17:54:05  Show Profile
Chris,
There’s no sign of that registration number in the J2 listing. However, you’d do better to post in the 'General Information' Forum as 'Cars Wanted' is really for people looking to buy a car and so most people probably don’t read it unless they have a car to sell.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2023 :  12:26:30  Show Profile
Moved to General.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2023 :  12:42:31  Show Profile
ST 7702 (note the inserted space) is recorded as a J2, chassis number J4308. A late J2, first registered in May 1934.
It is unclear whether this car still exists, however the Register was contacted sometime last year by the son of a former owner (presumably your friend?) who had bought it in 1945.
Interestingly it is still recorded at the DVLA... V5c issued in Feb. 1984

Does the family have any info or photos they would be willing to share with the Register? We can help you to procure reprints of the original factory production/service records for the car if desired.

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000