Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Latest fuel E10
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rustcollector

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2021 :  20:23:49  Show Profile
I’ve not seen any comments on the latest introduction of E10 fuel.

What do we think of it, are you going to use it and what changes can we make to accommodate it.

This should start up a lively discussion.

Regards
Rustcollector

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2021 :  20:41:22  Show Profile
I have read in the classic car mags and papers that the plan is for petrol stations to continue to supply 97 octane petrol with E5 ethanol for the next 5 years. I have been using the the higher grade in both my MGs and added Valvemaster plus for the L2.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1875 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2021 :  20:46:51  Show Profile
What about this stuff?

https://www.frost.co.uk/ethomix-corrosion-inhibitor-additive-ethanol-protection/
Go to Top of Page

Michael Lees

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2021 :  09:23:38  Show Profile
Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99 contains zero ethanol, except (for logistics reasons) sites supplied from Scotland, North Wales, North England and Cornwall.
The pump must show E5 under government regulations as 'up to' 5% - but zero ethanol as above

Mike Lees
1935 'NB' NA0897
Go to Top of Page

i.thomson

United Kingdom
399 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2021 :  12:31:58  Show Profile
According to Paul Irelands research, admittedly on an XPAG engine, accohol in fuel has no detectable effect on engine running. There is some evidence that it increases fuel consumption however and may damage tank coatings. It's main effect is in causing difficult hot starting due to evaporation in the lines and possible problems with rubber. Thus we can use it, especially when the weather is not too hot, provided we keep an eye on hoses and carb rubber seals. We may need to tweak the timing a bit but according to a lot of answers here we seem to be doing a lot of that anyway. I think we may be entering here yet another twighlight zone where untruths and semi-truths are repeated ad infinitum while commerce sells us yet more products to "correct" a non existing problem.

Edited by - i.thomson on 10/09/2021 12:36:25
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2021 :  18:32:22  Show Profile
Thanks to the VSCC we have this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBxtjS3TBKA to a very informative and pertinent recent presentation given at a recent FHBVC conference by Nigel Elliott which gives a number of practical insights into the E10 world. The E10 section of the talk starts at about minute #25

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

Edited by - DickMorbey on 21/10/2021 18:33:37
Go to Top of Page

Bill Abbott

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2021 :  10:51:41  Show Profile
Dick Thanks for the link. This is very informative and really does explain The various options available when using ethanol mixed fuel and keeping historic vehicles on the road. A must see for all of us.

Bill Abbott
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000