Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 J2. Registration mark XG1733
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JLP

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  06:23:35  Show Profile
Last Saturday, whilst attending the VSCC meeting at Prescott in my J2, a chap introduced himself by saying he use to have a J2 as well. Conversation revealed that his ownership was around the early 1960s and that he had a large number of photos of his J2, which was fitted with a Ford engine. His name is James Ellerby.
Unfortunately there is no record of XG1733 in the Register, nor on the DVLA site, so things don't look good for its survival. The chassis number is not known.
In the unlikely situation that somebody can provide information which might lead to the photos being reunited with the car, I attach the photo that he sent me.
He bought the car in Northallerton for Ł40 in response to an advertisment in the Evening Gazette.
Jeremy

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  06:35:53  Show Profile
The car is J2075, unknown to be a survivor. Last heard of in 1946, according to the late Mike Hawke’s data. Incidentally, the car’s manual does survive!

Cheers
Cat

In a world where you can be anything - be kind.
Go to Top of Page

JLP

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  15:48:00  Show Profile
Thank you Cat,
That is no surprise, but at least some of its history, albeit a bit vague is now known.
As it survived until approx the early 60s, there might well be bits of it floating around - who knows.
I presume that there is no point in obtaining the other photos of it from the this previous owner?
Jeremy
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  16:38:27  Show Profile
Jeremy, thanks for this - it would be great to have some more pictures, all grist to the mill for our Register records. Similarly if your contact could let us have his details we can add it to the (sparse) history of this car and who knows, other leads may emerge!

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000