Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Prescott 2022
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2022 :  21:15:00  Show Profile
Apologies to Colin McLachlan, he is also entered with his 1934 PA. He and his friend Barbara have offered to judge the best dressed once again.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2022 :  00:09:41  Show Profile
1 1934 M.G. PA Mike Wevill (VMR)
2 1932 M.G. D Gerald Annetts (VMR)
3 1932 M.G. D Vincent Dransart (VMR)
4 1933 M.G. L1 André Frick
5 1933 M.G. J2 Arnaud Jacob
6 1935 M.G. NB William Abbott
7 1934 M.G. NA Graham Finch
8 1935 M.G. NB Michael Lees (VMR)
9 1933 M.G. J2 Simon Johnston (VMR)
10 1932 M.G. M David Rushton
11 1933 M.G. J2 s/c Gilbert Collins
12 1934 M.G. PA Keith Riches
13 1933 M.G. J2 Bernard Scott
14 1932 M.G. D John Emmett (VMR)
15 1933 M.G. J2 Colin Bird
16 1936 M.G. PB Barry Smith
17 1933 M.G. J2 s/c Nigel Harper
18 1934 M.G. PA Colin Murrell (VMR)
19 1932 M.G. M Steffi Broch (VMR)
20 1934 M.G. PA Colin McLachlan
21 1930 M.G. M Mike Dalby
22 1933 M.G. J2 Hugh Back
23 1933 M.G. J2 John Dorney (VMR)
24 1930 M.G. M Frank Ashley (VMR)
25 1934 M.G. PA Richard Holl (VMR)
26 1933 M.G. J2 Mike Gardiner
27 1931 M.G. F1 Ian Goddard (VMR)
28 1933 M.G. J2 Stephen Rees
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2022 :  16:09:28  Show Profile
Entries continue to arrive, including 51 for Sunday - 12 for the Navigation Rally and 39 for the Scenic Tour, and 90 cream teas so far - now confirmed at Stanway House, after it was closed all of last year.

Latest Sunday entry is Adrian Newey with his 1938 Jaguar SS100. Luckily, our weekend fits exactly between the Austrian and French GP's.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2022 :  17:44:52  Show Profile
Pre-War Prescott Weekend - Friday 15th July to Sunday 17th July

With the approach of the Pre-War Prescott weekend and the increasing pace of planning and other developments, it is time to start circulating more frequent updates than just the details provided in the monthly Vintage Minor Register Newsletters.

To kick off this update, as of this morning, we have 154 weekend entries, including 141 Pre-War Prescott entries and 305 climbs have already been pre-booked. As I mentioned in the March Newsletter, now that we have reached 300 climbs, the number of pre-bookable climbs will now be ‘throttled down’ from two plus a free one, to one plus a free one. I will be adjusting the online entry form and the paper entry form accordingly. If your entry is already on the way, I will honour your climb bookings, but going forward the new limit will be applied. The reason for this throttling down of climbs is to make sure that climbs are still available for future entries and 50 climbs will be held in reserve for the day so that those of you who cannot commit to enter before the day have a chance of a climb. In due course, as in the past, pre-bookable climbs will be further reduced to just the free one.

Many of you will know that 2022 marks the Centenary of the Austin Seven and a vast number of surviving examples will be gathering to celebrate in nearby Moreton-in-Marsh during the week immediately after our weekend. The Austin Seven will be the featured marque at Pre-War Prescott and ALL spectating Austin Sevens will be given completely FREE entry to Pre-War Prescott and parked together in the Orchard.
Next, I have just this morning received the following vital information from the Bugatti Owners Club which succinctly explains how licensing and advance signing on works. These arrangements are exactly the same as last year, but this year, we hope to have many more entrants correctly credentialed BEFORE the day so as to ease pressure on the BOC office on the day. If you obtained your RS Clubman License last year, you will need to apply for a new one for 2022.

RS CLUBMAN LICENSE: https://rsclubman.motorsportuk.org

Please note anyone going up the hill in any capacity must have an RS Clubman license. We suggest saving them as a photo from email, or printing it out due to the lack of phone signal at Prescott.

SIGNING ON: https://forms.gle/qagqFhy1oewkvECg9

Please note everyone going up the hill in any capacity must have signed on. If they do so online, they will show on our system. If they have not, they’ll need to do it in person at the BOC Office which is quite time consuming for them – and a lot of people can get quite frustrated!

Once they are signed on and have presented their license, they will be handed a wristband to show the marshals that they are eligible to go up the hill.

Full details of Pre-War Prescott can be found at https://prewarprescott.com and full details of the entire three days of rallying and socializing can be found at http://vintageminor.co.uk/Summerrally2022/Summer_Rally_2022.html

Entry for any of the weekend’s events can be made at https://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=161 and the running entry list can be monitored at https://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=547 which is continuously updated as entries arrive. If you have already entered, please check your entry against your expectations and let me know if you spot any discrepancies or omissions. Tickets will be distributed about two weeks before the weekend.

Camping at Prescott. To repeat from the March newsletter:

Camping will be available all weekend in the Prescott Orchard – from Thursday night to Sunday night inclusive. And, unlike recent years, camping should be booked through the Register and not through the Bugatti Owners Club. I don’t want to complicate matters by adding camping to the already 2-page entry form, which is already out there anyway. So if you wish to camp or bring your camper van, just let me know (vintageminor@gmail.com) and I will sort you out. Fees are £15 per night for campers and caravans, tents £10 per night.

Additionally on camping, please be aware that the Peugeot Sports Club of the UK (PSCUK) will be holding their day at Prescott on Sunday 17th and I am co-ordinating with them to ensure all goes smoothly over the weekend for both clubs. Some PSCUK members will be camping over the weekend and we will need all campers to pitch their tents or campers at the BACK of the Orchard – that is anywhere between the farm in the lower corner and the bridge at the top of the Paddock, and NOT along the track across the bottom of the Orchard, between the Bugatti Trust building and the farm. This will allow the PSCUK staff to stake out the main area of the Orchard on Saturday evening for their spectator parking requirements for Sunday.

The Charity Action. This traditional auction, run in aid of the RAF Charitable Trust will take place as usual in the lunch break, in front of the Vintage Minor Register marquee. Please bring along any surplus quality items of automobilia and drop them of at the Vintage Minor Register marquee in the morning and please plan to join in the auction during the lunch break.

The Raffle. Plans are also being made to assemble a range of tremendous prizes. Each pre-booked entry comes with a free £5 raffle ticket and additional tickets will be available on the day. If you think you might have a suitable prize to offer, please get in touch – your offer will be greatly appreciated. The draw will take place directly after the Charity Auction in the lunch break. Last year, many great prizes, including the Tiger Moth flight went unclaimed because the winning ticket holder were AWOL! These were then auctioned off to the highest bidder. You have been warned!
A word about Friday. Following the tremendous success of last year’s Friday Tour, we’re mounting another one this year. Like last year we will foregather at the Royal Oak at Gretton where their wonderful bacon butties and hot drinks will be available before meandering eastward to a visit and special Ploughman’s lunch and optional tour of the historic Victorian Hook Norton tower brewery where the local museum and brewery shop will also be open for us. The route will be provided for every entrant in the form of a Tour Handbook issued at the start which will also include informative comments on various places of interest that we will be visiting along the route. These will include a country distillery and also a visit to a farm near Chipping Norton that you may have seen on Amazon TV! The afternoon will conclude with cream teas at the charming Plough Inn at Ford, a venue which we frequented many times in the early days of the Register’s Prescott events.

And of course, we will also be running our traditional and highly popular Sunday Navigation Rally and parallel Scenic Tour. This will also start at the Royal Oak but unlike Friday, we will head south this year. Lunch has been organized at an historic Gloucestershire pub, but because of the Navigation Rally, the location must remain secret until the day! In other good news, after being closed for the whole of 2021, Stanway House will be welcoming us once again this year for our Sunday afternoon cream teas, courtesy of Lord Wemyss.

I think that’s about it for now. Keep an eye on the websites and future updates for breaking information. And do get in touch if you have any questions or special needs. In the meantime, if you have not already entered, now would be a splendid time to enter what will undoubtedly be one of the best vintage motoring weekends of 2022.

Finally, could I ask you, and in particular other Club and Register officers to forward/publish these notes to all whom you consider may be interesting in joining us over the weekend. My circulation list is only rudimentary and limited in its reach.

With thanks to the participating Clubs and Registers – Pre-War Prescott 2022:

The Alvis Owner Club
The Alvis Register
The BMW Historic Car Club
The Bristol Austin Seven Club
The British Salmson Owners Club
The Herefordshire Austin Seven Club
The M.G. Car Club MMM Register
The Morris Specials Group
The Octagon Car Club
The Railton Owners Club
The Railton Owners Club
The Riley Register
The Talbot Owners Club
The Wolseley Hornet Specials Club
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2022 :  19:24:22  Show Profile
Fantastic news this morning.

This just in from Squadron Leader William McMiken BSc (Hons) RAF, SO2 Air Events:

"Ian,

We are confirming the BBMF flights 2 months out, so expect an official confirmation at the beginning of May. However I can say that on the plan at the moment, Pre-War Prescott does feature a BBMF Lancaster flypast at 14:15 local so fingers crossed. We will be back in touch.

Bill"

Fingers crossed indeed!

We have had BBMF support every year since our inaugural Pre-War Prescott in 2011, which was the last time we were allocated the Lanc.

In 2011 and we were allocated the Lanc which was at Fairford for RIAT the same weekend. It was due for its Prescott flypast at lunchtime. The weather was appalling, so we abandoned all thought of the appearance. In the afternoon, the weather slowly lifted and the deluge eased. I was giving out prizes at 5 p.m. and was interrupted by Frank Ashley who was standing in front of mein the crowd, frantically waving behind me. I turned to see the Lanc boring down on us! It was precisely 5 p.m., the end time on my request form. The surprise of the arrival amplified the spectacle enormously. It was only afterwards that I found out that the Lanc crew had moved heaven and earth to get to us from Fairford by the closing time for the event. The weather had also played havoc with RIAT, to the point where they had two F-15's blasting up and down the runway in re-heat to clear the standing water!
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2022 :  20:49:52  Show Profile
9 1933 M.G. J2 Simon Johnston (VMR)
10 1932 M.G. M David Rushton
11 1933 M.G. J2 s/c Gilbert Collins
12 1934 M.G. PA Keith Riches
13 1933 M.G. J2 Bernard Scott
14 1932 M.G. D John Emmett (VMR)
15 1933 M.G. J2 Colin Bird
16 1936 M.G. PB Barry Smith
17 1933 M.G. J2 s/c Nigel Harper
18 1934 M.G. PA Colin Murrell (VMR)
19 1932 M.G. M Steffi Broch (VMR)
20 1934 M.G. PA Colin McLachlan
21 1930 M.G. M Mike Dalby
22 1933 M.G. J2 Hugh Back
23 1933 M.G. J2 John Dorney (VMR)
24 1930 M.G. M Frank Ashley (VMR)
25 1934 M.G. PA Richard Holl (VMR)
26 1933 M.G. J2 Mike Gardiner
27 1931 M.G. F1 Ian Goddard (VMR)
28 1933 M.G. J2 Stephen Rees
29 1934 M.G. PA Colin Butchers
30 1932 M.G. D Ted Hack (VMR)
31 1932 M.G. J2 Chris Smith
32 1930 M.G. M 12/12 Rep. Greg Smith (VMR)
33 1933 M.G. J2 Josephine Salmon (VMR) and Digby Gibbs

Edited by - Ian Grace on 25/03/2022 20:50:17
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5999 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2022 :  21:01:49  Show Profile
Ian,
I’m afraid you may include me out. We’ve reluctantly concluded that neither Mrs J nor I are up to the trip this year.

But there’s always next year, he said hopefully!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2022 :  15:32:50  Show Profile
Hi Simon,

Apologies, as you had told me that this week and I omitted to take you off the MMM entry list.

All the very best with your health issues and fingers crossed for PWP 2023.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2022 :  20:27:34  Show Profile
Here's some important new information regarding Sunday. This year, we are delighted to replace the usual pub lunch with a super private Vintage Picnic on the formal lawns at Colesbourne Park in the Cotswolds.

We will be gathering on the lower lawn - on the right in the aerial photograph, with the fountain in the middle).

Here is what you need to know:

You can bring your own picnic or you can pre-order sumptuous vintage picnics and refreshments from Revills Farm Shop in Defford. These picnics will be collected from the farm on Sunday morning so will be crisp, cool and fresh. You place your order, and your picnics will await you at the Park. The Picnic Menu is also available at http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Summerrally2022/Revills%20Farm%20Shop%20Vintage%20Picnics.pdf. I will also be e-mailing it to everyone who has already entered.

Immediately adjacent to the Park is the Colesbourne Inn and also the Old Rectory restaurant for those who do not wish to picnic. If you wish to take up one of these options, you should pre-book lunch as follows:

The Colesbourne Inn (https://www.thecolesbourneinn.co.uk/) 50 covers currently available.

The Old Rectory restaurant (https://oldrectoryrestaurant.co.uk/)25 covers currently available

Fuel will also available at the Gulf station in Colesbourne on Sunday if your car also needs a top up.

We also have a super tour coming together for Friday, including visits to a number of interesting locations high in the Cotswolds, including Snowshill, Chipping Campden, the Cotswolds Distillery, a special Register buffet Ploughman’s lunch at the Hook Norton brewery, and then in the afternoon a visit to Diddly Squat Farm Shop (which needs no introduction) and the idyllic Donnington brewery (if you are still thirsty) before concluding with cream teas at the Plough at Ford.

Entries are still open for all three days.

Edited by - Ian Grace on 29/04/2022 20:30:11
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5999 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2022 :  20:57:53  Show Profile
Ian,
How do you find time for your day job? There is simply a staggering amount of organising going on behind the scenes. I only wish we were able to make it this year.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2022 :  21:17:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Simon Johnston

Ian,
How do you find time for your day job? There is simply a staggering amount of organising going on behind the scenes. I only wish we were able to make it this year.

Simon J
J3437

Ian's efforts and PWP never cease to amaze me :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2022 :  00:43:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Simon Johnston

Ian,

Simon J
J3437

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-writes-off-1-2b-and-delays-777x-another-year-adding-1-5b-more-in-future-costs/

So now you know why the 777X keeps being delayed
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2022 :  19:41:00  Show Profile
9 1932 M.G. M David Rushton
10 1933 M.G. J2 s/c Gilbert Collins
11 1934 M.G. PA Keith Riches
12 1933 M.G. J2 Bernard Scott
13 1932 M.G. D John Emmett (VMR)
14 1933 M.G. J2 Colin Bird
15 1936 M.G. PB Barry Smith
16 1933 M.G. J2 s/c Nigel Harper
17 1934 M.G. PA Colin Murrell (VMR)
18 1932 M.G. M Steffi Broch (VMR)
19 1934 M.G. PA Colin McLachlan
20 1930 M.G. M Mike Dalby
21 1933 M.G. J2 Hugh Back
22 1933 M.G. J2 John Dorney (VMR)
23 1930 M.G. M Frank Ashley (VMR)
24 1934 M.G. PA Richard Holl (VMR)
25 1933 M.G. J2 Mike Gardiner
26 1931 M.G. F1 Ian Goddard (VMR)
27 1933 M.G. J2 Stephen Rees
28 1934 M.G. PA Colin Butchers
29 1932 M.G. D Ted Hack (VMR)
30 1932 M.G. J2 Chris Smith
31 1930 M.G. M 12/12 Rep. Greg Smith (VMR)
32 1933 M.G. J2 Josephine Salmon (VMR)
33 1932 M.G. J2 Jeremy Hawke
34 1931 M.G. C George and Marguerite Morgan
35 1934 M.G. PA Roger and Sue Davies (VMR)
36 1934 M.G. PA Tim McCormick (VMR)
37 1935 M.G. NA 2-seater Martin Latimer
37 1935 M.G. PA Graham Williams
38 1935 M.G. NB Chris Little (VMR)
39 1931 M.G. D Bill Grayling
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2022 :  20:28:04  Show Profile
A great line up forming Ian :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2022 :  19:16:57  Show Profile
Just a quick note to say that the Hook Norton brewery tour on Friday has now sold out. Our Register Ploughman's buffet is still bookable, and the shop and museum will also both be open, so still plenty to see and do. And of course there will be unlimited quantities of beer!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000