Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Pre-War Prescott 2022
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2022 :  20:11:34  Show Profile
Ignore that. I've just negotiated 12 more places!
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2022 :  15:42:50  Show Profile
Quick update. To mark the 40th Anniversary of the Falklands conflict, the South Atlantic Medal Association will be displaying at Prescott.

Peter Robinson will be joining us.

Forty years ago Peter, a corporal with the Royal Marines, was photographed carrying the Union Jack aloft as he marched towards Stanley in the final hours of the Falklands War. The photo below was taken on June 14th, 1982, and the photograph, known as The Yomper, came to symbolise the fighting spirit and determination the British soldiers displayed during the conflict.

In Peter's words:

"The rumour came round that there were white flags flying in Stanley and the Argentinians had surrendered. The marine in front of me had a union flag so we found some black masking tape and stuck it on my aerial and just carried on our way."

There will be many other Falklands veterans joining us (and can we get them some lifts up the hill?).

Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2022 :  16:35:37  Show Profile
Five weeks today. Entries still open.

1 1934 M.G. PA Mike Wevill (VMR)
2 1932 M.G. D Gerald Annetts (VMR)
3 1932 M.G. D Vincent Dransart (VMR)
4 1933 M.G. L1 André Frick
5 1933 M.G. J2 Arnaud Jacob
6 1935 M.G. NB William Abbott
7 1934 M.G. NA Graham Finch
8 1935 M.G. NB Michael Lees (VMR)
9 1932 M.G. M David Rushton
10 1933 M.G. J2 s/c Gilbert Collins
11 1934 M.G. PA Keith Riches
12 1933 M.G. J2 Bernard Scott
13 1932 M.G. D John Emmett (VMR)
14 1933 M.G. J2 Colin Bird
15 1936 M.G. PB Barry Smith
16 1933 M.G. J2 s/c Nigel Harper
17 1934 M.G. PA Colin Murrell (VMR)
18 1932 M.G. M Steffi Broch (VMR)
19 1934 M.G. PA Colin McLachlan
20 1930 M.G. M Mike Dalby
21 1933 M.G. J2 Hugh Back
22 1933 M.G. J2 John Dorney (VMR)
23 1930 M.G. M Frank Ashley (VMR)
24 1934 M.G. PA Richard Holl (VMR)
25 1933 M.G. J2 Mike Gardiner
26 1931 M.G. F1 Ian Goddard (VMR)
27 1933 M.G. J2 Stephen Rees
28 1934 M.G. PA Colin Butchers
29 1932 M.G. D Ted Hack (VMR)
30 1932 M.G. J2 Chris Smith
31 1930 M.G. M 12/12 Rep. Greg Smith (VMR)
32 1933 M.G. J2 Josephine Salmon (VMR)
33 1932 M.G. J2 Jeremy Hawke
34 1931 M.G. C George and Marguerite Morgan
35 1934 M.G. PA Roger and Sue Davies (VMR)
36 1934 M.G. PA Tim McCormick (VMR)
37 1935 M.G. NA 2-seater Martin Latimer
37 1935 M.G. PA Graham Williams
38 1935 M.G. NB Chris Little (VMR)
39 1931 M.G. D Bill Grayling
40 1933 M.G. J3 David Kempton
41 1932 MG J Type - J4 Specification Samik Mukherjee
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2022 :  20:40:15  Show Profile
Pre-War Prescott is just one month today.

The latest important news and updates can be found at:

http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Pre-War%20Prescott%202022%20-%20Update%2016th%20June.pdf
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2022 :  21:59:59  Show Profile
Three weeks to go this weekend. I have shipped all the enveloped tickets in bulk to England for onward posting. They should be with everyone in about a week. However, entries remain open as I have shipped a load of extra tickets, etc. to England to cover late entries.

Latest MMM entry is Mark Caroe with his 1935 N special to K3 spec.

Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2022 :  16:31:02  Show Profile
The tickets for the PWP weekend arrived in the UK this morning from Seattle and are already in the post to everyone who has entered, so all entrants to date should receive their tickets, Final Instructions, etc. in a couple of days.

Spare tickets for all of the weekend's events were also shipped, so we have late entries covered, if you have not entered yet, but intend to. This will hold good until four or five days before the weekend, after which entrants can simply turn up on Saturday and pay at the gate (but will not receive their free climb for booking in advance).

Sounds complicated, but the system is tried and tested.

As of this morning, we have 42 MMM entries, and I just sent Dick the voting forms for the MMM Crownwheel Trophy for best MMM at PWP 2022 which will be judged on the day by the attending MMM owners.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2022 :  19:16:21  Show Profile
Excellent Ian :) Thankyou!

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2022 :  22:43:47  Show Profile
Thanks Colin, and I just received an entry this evening from Jaap Jan Van der Weel who will be joining us for all three days with his J1. The last visited PWP in 2016. It will be good to see him again.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2022 :  17:05:54  Show Profile
How great it will be to see Jaap Van again :)

Colin Murrell
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

Hugh

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2022 :  20:33:10  Show Profile

Tickets received in Norfolk, UK.
Very many thanks.

Hugh
J3091
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2022 :  20:53:25  Show Profile
Brilliant! Always heart stopping when I ship 250 addressed envelopes in bulk to the UK for onward posting. Tracking only goes as far as the pond. I can't imagine the chaos if the box got lost ...
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2022 :  20:54:44  Show Profile
Top reminders:

Entries are still open for all of the weekend’s events. If you haven’t entered and wish to do so, please get in touch ASAP – we have a stock of tickets in the UK that can be posted immediately. Failing that, you can turn up at Prescott on Saturday and pay at the gate – either if you wish to enter, or as a spectator.

If you have entered Pre-War Prescott and wish to climb the hill – drivers AND passengers will need an RS Clubman license AND you will also need to pre-register with the Bugatti Owners Club. If you cannot commit to entering Pre-War Prescott in advance, don’t worry, you can turn up on the day and pay at the gate, and you WILL be able to get your license and sign on in the BOC office on the day, but the more drivers and passengers that have their paperwork in order before the day, the less pressure there will be in the office on the day.

There will be a number of spare climb tickets available on the day. If you with to avail yourselves, please come to the Register marquee in the Paddock when you arrive. These will go quickly.

If you have received your tickets, etc. for the weekend and have any issues with them, please get in touch immediately so corrections can be made.

If you wish to order Vintage Picnics from Revill’s Farm Shop for Sunday, I strongly urge you to do so immediately. Get in touch with me if you need any help with this, or simply bring your own picnic to Colesbourne Park.

Camping at Prescott – should be booked with me, not the BOC. This year, all campers MUST pitch their tents or park their camper vans, trailers, etc. at the BACK of the Orchard – that is between the farm at the bottom of the Orchard and the bathroom block at the top. There must be NO camping anywhere along the stone track that runs from the entrance gate towards the farm in the lower corner, i.e. parallel with the lane. This area must be kept clear so that the Peugeot Sports Club can stake out that area for their event on Sunday.

Don’t forget the Best-Dressed Trophy – the Quaich. Period dress is NOT required at Prescott, but take the opportunity if you wish – it all adds to the pre-war atmosphere. And you might go home with a very nice pewter trophy and miniature keepsake!

Please also don’t forget the lunchtime charity automobilia auction and raffle. Please bring along any quality items you would like to donate. 100% of the funds raised will go to the RAF Charitable Trust.

All will be very welcome on Friday evening where we will be holding our traditional Reception at the Gardners Arms at Alderton, (OS150/998334), just north of Prescott.

If you are one of the 52 Sunday Scenic Tour entries, you might like to switch to the Navigation Rally. It a light-hearted treasure hunt and not in any way a high-pressure event. And each entrant receives a sealed envelope at the start containing the full and explicit route directions, so you can drop out of the rally and into the scenic tour by simply unsealing the envelope.

All Sunday navigation rallyists should bring copies of OS Landranger maps 150 and 163 – any edition will do.

Both the Friday and Sunday runs will start at the Royal Oak at Gretton, starting at 8 a.m. where refreshments and fresh bacon baps will be available before heading out.

If you have ANY questions, concerns or requests regarding the weekend, please get in touch without delay. The more issues we can iron out before the weekend, the more enjoyable will be the weekend for everyone.

Last but not least – we have engaged the services of two professional marshals at Prescott this year, specifically tasked with overseeing the queuing to the start line gate. At some times in past years, this has caused problems, in that cars coming down from the top of the Paddock have been disadvantaged compared to cars coming from the lower rows of the Paddock. There was an instance last year where a car waiting in the queue saw a car from the lower rows of the Paddock take the hill in front of them, return into the Paddock and get a second climb in before they reached the gate! Much queueing can be averted by taking your climbs in the morning or at least early in the afternoon. Remember that the hill will close promptly at 4 p.m. so make sure you get your climbs bank early in the day if you have multiple climbs booked.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2022 :  19:04:48  Show Profile
Getting down to sorting the finer points of the weekend and the Sunday Navigation Rally is just two weeks today. Apart from individual entries, there is a prestigious award for the highest scoring winning marque team of three team members. Every year, there is a Team Morris Minor and Team Austin 7 that fight it our for the Lewis & Nicholson Compass, and the MMM world has entered occasional teams but never won the day. So far.

Now, the latest weekend MMM entry was received from Jaap Jan Van der Weel who has entered his J1, including an entry in the Nav Rally. So I looked at the other Sunday MMM Sunday entries and there are currently twelve more entered in the Scenic Tour.

So I am encouraging two of you twelve to switch to the Nav Rally and make an MMM Team and constitute Team MMM.

Moreover, the highest scoring car of the day wins the the day outright. Where else would you have the opportunity to compete in a motorsport competition with Adrian Newey?

It's a fun rally with no serious cup hunters and all entrants are furnished with a sealed envelope at the start containing explicit route instructions, so if you DO get hopelessly lost, you can switch seamlessly to the Scenic Tour.

The spirit of the rallis is neatly summed up in this photo of the Austin 7 team that took home the Nymph last year:

Edited by - Ian Grace on 03/07/2022 19:26:37
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2022 :  21:33:01  Show Profile
Wow! What a fantastic weekend. Thankyou very much Ian and Team for making it what it was. It was such a nice change to use both our MMM's at the weekend instead of photographing others! Camera left at home, but Thankyou Amanda Rees and Ann Boothby for these two

Colin Murrell
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000