Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 J2 KG3660
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2021 :  10:12:16  Show Profile
Mr John Scarce posted this photo on the MG TD Enthusiasts Facebook site from 50 years ago. I asked if it survives and he replied with the registration number KG3660 so I am guessing he may be looking for the car? Is it a known survivor?

Matthew.

Blue M

United Kingdom
1459 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2021 :  10:37:10  Show Profile
Mathew, can you post the interesting supercharged M photos here that you put on Facebook?
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2021 :  11:13:02  Show Profile
Hi Mathew

The Registration number KG 3660 is shown in the Register as being for J4374.

There is little information on the file, in 2004 the late Bob Clare tried to contact recorded owner G Lucking but received no response.

Hopefully the car might reappear in the future.

George
Registrr F/L/N types and PBs.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2021 :  12:27:34  Show Profile
George, I vaguely knew George Lucking at the Black Horse natter at Nuthurst in the '60s. As I recall he had quite a nice blue swept wing J2 and his family ran Luckings Theatrical Movers, so he may be contactable via the company: https://www.luckings.co.uk/

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2021 :  12:32:24  Show Profile
Thank you George, I mentioned the chassis number to John.
Go to Top of Page

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2021 :  12:37:24  Show Profile
Here is the M Type Blue M. Chassis 0872 seen at yesterdays Rob Roy hillclimb, with the current custodian since 1976.

Go to Top of Page

John Brinkmann

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2021 :  20:27:58  Show Profile
I too was curious about the supercharger. Matthew was kind enough to put the car's owner in touch. It is a Cozette. Apparently both Centric and Cozette superchargers are now available new.

https://www.cozetteengineering.co.uk/centric
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5999 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2021 :  21:54:08  Show Profile
Those super chargers look like the sort of item that if you have to ask the price you can’t afford it!

But going back to the original query, George Eagle is able to tell us that KG 3660 is J4374 which was a late swept wing car (the last one was J4432). But I wonder if this is the car in the photograph? Obviously the cycle wings are not of the original M.G. pattern and they could easily have been substituted at any time. However, the fuel tank looks to be the early pattern flat backed one and the wiper motor is centrally mounted whereas the swept wing cars had the wiper motor in front of the passenger. Of course any or all of these changes could have been made in the thirty odd years between the car leaving the factory in February 1934 and the photograph being taken but on the face of it, it doesn’t look like it was a late model swept wing car.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000