Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Accessing the 'My Triple-Ms' records
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2022 :  13:04:48  Show Profile
Dear all,

The Register's records of all known Triple-M cars and their owners are stored securely on a digital database. All this data is encrypted.
Present owners of a Triple-M car can access the data about themselves and their car and we have just made it easier for you to do so.

Important note: The database is deliberately hosted separately from the Forum so using your Forum password will not give you access to the database! Read on ......

The front page of our website has a click that can take you directly to 'My Triple-Ms' where, after keying in your password (N.B. not your Forum password), you can see your personal and car data (just yours - nobody else's!) . You can also use the facility to request amendments to the data and also contribute other information and pictures etc for inclusion in our records.

Alternatively, you can just click in https://www.triple-mregister.com/index.php#modal to access

The screens below illustrate where and how to log in either for the first time or as an existing user.
If you are a first time user, click the green button and follow the instructions. You'll be asked a question about which city MGs were produced. Now, I know that A*****n is not a city, but now you know what to key in!

If you are an existing user of the database but have forgotten your password, the entry screen allows you to reset it.

If, when you log in, you cannot see your car's details, then you may make an online request for your car - and any other Triple-Ms that you own - to be added to our records.

All requests to add to, or amend the existing data are reviewed by the registrar for your respective model type, and once accepted you'll receive a confirmatory e-mail.

This online facility has been in place for quite a while now, and some, but not many of you already use it. We'd therefore like to encourage more of you to do so, because it's a great way of ensuring that our records are as accurate as possible, and it may also give us the opportunity to exchange info with you about your car, which is to everyone's benefit. So do please give it a go!

Thank you

How to find 'My Triple-Ms' on the website home page

What your login screen will look like

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
secretary@triple-mregister.org

Edited by - DickMorbey on 27/02/2022 12:10:35

colintf

United Kingdom
1473 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2022 :  18:07:01  Show Profile
That's brilliant, Thankyou
A quick question, if I have a forum username does that mean my account to access this is set up? Or, do I have to register?
Many thanks.
Colin

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3314 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2022 :  20:24:41  Show Profile
Colin
The password and username are unique to the forums
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2022 :  20:48:18  Show Profile
Hello Colin

I will PM you with an interim login (unless you have already taken this step) It will be a single use login, after which you'll need to create a new pw

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Paul Acfield

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  05:48:47  Show Profile
Hi Dick
I can log in to the Triple-M Forums but it will not let me log on the link. I decided to reset password but did not receive email.
After approx. 40 mins I then logged in to Triple-M Forum again with original saved password. Acceptable but can't get to the My Triple-M's area.
Await your advice
Paul
Go to Top of Page

DADA

Luxembourg
117 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  08:04:14  Show Profile
Brilliant! Works fine for me.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5942 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  08:07:19  Show Profile
Dick.,,
When faced with the login screen is the required email address the one I have in my profile?

And …. Is the password the same as I use for the Forum?

Or …. Does access to the database require a completely separate registration process?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1473 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  08:53:56  Show Profile
Thanks all. I'll give it a go :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

chris Wallis

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  09:35:50  Show Profile
Hi all i have just had several attempts and no joy each time i enter my password it comes up incorrect even if i try with a new password it just comes up with time expired instantly,i give up what am i doing wrong ?

C L Wallis
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  11:01:49  Show Profile
Chris, as Nick said earlier, your Forum pw will not work when accessing the database. The two systems are quite different, so if you are accessing it for the first time you'll have sto select the green 'No account yet' button and the rest should be straightforward!
Let us know how you get on.

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1848 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  11:13:34  Show Profile
Dick,
I have just E-mailed you and then attempted as you suggest above. I end up in the same loop as before and am begining to question my grasp of geography.
Nigel
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5942 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  11:42:38  Show Profile
Well, I registered, logged in and found absolutely nothing about my car!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  11:53:11  Show Profile
Nigel, I have e-mailed you directly. Depending on how you get on I will repeat the advice here for everyone's benefit .

Simon, J3437 is there! I am looking at it!
The database has your finchleyvale e-mail address recorded. If you'd like it changed please let me know and I'll do so, after which you should be able to access the DB without difficulty, but again, if you hit a problem, lease let me know.

Best wishes to all

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 27/02/2022 11:53:25
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  11:59:46  Show Profile
Paul (Acfield) I hope the guidance given in reply to earlier postings is helpful. If problems persist, please e-mail me at the address below and I will do what I can to assist.

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5942 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  12:11:12  Show Profile
Dick,

Thanks for checking but this is all very odd. I changed my email address to the one shown on my profile some months ago so I don’t understand why it still expects my old address. I really think that the registration should make it clear that a separate registration from Forum registration is required but that you must use the same email address that the Register holds (although that is out of date in my case).

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3668 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2022 :  12:19:12  Show Profile
Thanks Simon,

I can see that you have been able to access the DB and amend your details, inc your e-mail address.

Sorry if such details (held elsewhere) are not automatically transferred across to the DB- it's just not possible to do that - which is why we are grateful to you and others when you go into your records on the DB to help us keep everything up to date!

I have updated the original message (see top of thread) to try to make things easier for people to follow. Any problems - please e-mail me directly and I will endeavour to sort them!

PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 27/02/2022 14:16:53
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page