Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Mary Harris Trophy MGCC Donington July 2nd
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2022 :  18:21:49  Show Profile
Anita and I are looking forward to catching up with old friends and cheering you on... (Onno).. See you on Saturday.. :-)

Mark T Boldry

J2 3714
L1 0589
D 0431

Knaresborough, North Yorkshire.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2022 :  09:57:35  Show Profile
HI all, sorry for delay but finally with the help of catching covid i have found time to update on the fun at Dony.

With 23 entries on the list we are getting back to pre pandemic numbers, with the long-awaited return of international competitors and spectators from Australia, Switzerland and the Netherlands.

Pretty special to have 3 M Types on the grid and going well too!

Mary Harris Trophy, Baynton Jones Triple- M Challenge
Class A
1 - Nigel Stroud M Type
6 – Annie Boursot PA
22 - Oliver Richardson M Type
33 – Onno Konemann (Netherlands) M Type Double Twelve Replica Class B
8 – Andrew Morland PA
10 – Richard Stott PA
11 – Fred Boothby J2
18 – Chris Edmondson D Type
36 – Chris Cadman MG Montlhery C Type
Class C
4 – David Cooksey MG Montlhery C Type
7 – Ian Goddard PA Special
14 – Barry Foster MG Montlhery C Type
23 – Mike Davies-Colley PA Special
55 – Duncan Potter MG Montlhery C Type
74 – Mark Dolton PB Special
Class D
2 – John Gillett (Australia) K3
3 – Teifion Salisbury K3
5 – Andrew Long N Type
9 – Adrian Moore F Type
77 – Roland Wettstein (Switzerland) Parnell K3
42 – Vernon Mackenzie / Richard Frankel K3
37 – Oliver Sharp N Type
220 / 20 – Tony/Rodney Seber Wolseley Hornet Special

Having practiced in the dry, race one can only described as treacherous. Some of the most slippy conditions I ve experienced. An earlier shower leaving a horrid oily greasy sheen for us to play on. We all know how hard Redgate can be in the dry and it caught a number out luckily without major incident. However we all need to read up on safety car rules its not he same as F1! Anyway I ll leave that as we could be here a while

Tony Seber hornet took the chequered flag (hopefully for the last time as the Seber L type is nearly ready) from Vernon Mackenzie K3, with Andrew Long (N) taking the other podium step. These were ahead of Mark Dolton, Adrian Moore, Fred Boothby, Ian Goddard, Mike Davies-Colley, John Gillett and Teifion rounding up the Top 10. Vernon Mackenzie was awarded Driver of the Race.

Mike Davies-Colley PA Special won the highly coveted Mary Harris Trophy, Vernon Mackenzie K3 the Kimber Trophy (first M.G. home) and Annie Boursot PA the Don Moore Trophy (first unblown 4 cylinder M.G. home)

The Race Two grid was based on drivers results from the first race. This was to put any previous DNFs or second drivers at the back of the grid, providing them with a real race on their hands!
Andrew Long was on pole position with myself joining him on the front row. I managed to jump Andrew on lap 1 and actually led for nearly 3 laps, very exciting, never done that before. But the pesky hornet and Oli Sharps N eventually caught me.
After a real battle between them both up through the field, Rodney Seber took the chequered flag, a fraction over 5 seconds ahead of second placed Oliver Sharp. I snuck home in third place. These were ahead of Andrew Long, Richard Frankel, Adrian Moore, Mike Davies-Colley, John Gillett, Teifion Salisbury, and Ian Goddard

I was awarded Driver of the Race. ( I was quite excited)

We would like to thank the competitors, our hosts MSV Donington Park, the MG Car Club (MGCC), the Marshals and everyone else who played a part in making it happen. We look forward to the next Triple-M Racing event at VSCC Silverstone in July and Mallory Park in August.

Thanks for helping with write up Colin M ( I stole some details) and Photos from Dickon Sidall.

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Edited by - Dolts on 11/07/2022 10:00:33
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2022 :  09:59:41  Show Profile
oh and amazing work Duncan, Emma and all the team that helped with the incredible BBQ and Buffet!!

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2022 :  10:28:27  Show Profile
full results - https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=MGCC/2022/222653mmm.pdf

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2022 :  14:25:57  Show Profile
Why is there a wide spread of racing numbers, spread from 1 to 220 with numbers in single figures, teens, twenties, thirties, forties, fifties, seventies and the 220, over just 23 competitors? Mind you 23 competitors is great, well done Duncan, but why the wide spread of numbers is there a reason?

John Cooper M 628

Edited by - Cooperman on 11/07/2022 14:26:42
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2022 :  14:29:24  Show Profile
Hiya, because we are allowed to choose numbers these days. Don’t have to change for every race. Not everyone does so then just gets allocated a lower number. Shared car, so one race 20, 2nd race 220

If you choose an unpopular number like 74, VSCC allocate you it too. Much cheaper on stickers! Plus the PB is 0740, which is nice.
Mark

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Edited by - Dolts on 11/07/2022 14:32:50
Go to Top of Page

Sharpo

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2022 :  21:03:29  Show Profile
Was like racing on Fairy Liquid. I went off on the last corner (for about the 5th time) still trying to retake the lead from the Hornet..

Never experienced anything that slippery before!
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
752 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2022 :  07:42:32  Show Profile
Thanks Mark, it just rather random and odd.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2022 :  08:21:21  Show Profile

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3226 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2022 :  09:51:52  Show Profile
Well done all the racers and also congratulations to Mark for being rewarded driver of the race. The PB must be very well set up and fun to drive.

George

Edited by - George Eagle on 12/07/2022 09:52:37
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
759 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2022 :  10:38:09  Show Profile
I used to run with "69" .... just in case......
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2022 :  11:37:48  Show Profile
Nothing odd about that Foz

Mark Dolton
Triple-M Racing

Edited by - Dolts on 12/07/2022 12:02:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic