Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J Type 90th Anniversary - a Yearbook request
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5983 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2022 :  06:47:05  Show Profile
As any fule kno, on this day, Thursday 4 August, in 1932 the J Type Midget was introduced by M.G. at what Motor Sport magazine called the “luxurious showrooms” of University Motors, Ltd, on Piccadilly in London. Only the J1 and J2 were actually on display as, although announced by M.G., the J3 didn’t appear until November that year, the J4 not until April 1933 and the J5, not at all.

Readers will not be surprised to learn, therefore, that the 2022 Triple-M Register Yearbook will be focusing on the J Type. As editor, I have a number of articles already 'commissioned' on each of the models (apart from the J5, of course) but in addition I would welcome reminiscences from our readers about driving J Types in the 1950s and 60s when they were just inexpensive means of transport rather than the expensive 'collectors' items' they have become in the second half of their existence.

All I’m looking for from anyone who recalls their J Type motoring in those days is just a couple of paragraphs of narrative, ideally with a contemporary photograph. So please do put on the ol' thinking cap and let me have a few memories to share with those of us who came a bit later to the Triple-M scene and who didn’t therefore have the experience of running the cars as a daily driver on a shoe string half a century or more ago.

Edit: Oops, I should have given my editorial contact details - mmmyearbookeditor@gmail.com

Simon J
J3437

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 04/08/2022 07:03:02
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000