Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 F or D tourer
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterL

United Kingdom
1714 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  10:41:06  Show Profile
On page 62 of "Bourne and Bred" is a photo of the Silver Jubilee carnival on 6 May 1935 and there parked on the left hand side of Dunstable High Street is an MG F or D tourer. I read the book before the days of computers and photocopied the picture as a reminder. Even then I could not see the number clearly, although the rear number plate is in view, and the photocopy is even worse...

So I toss this into this wonderful forum just in case it is of interest to the likes of Ian Ross or Ted Hack and their followers, amongst whom I number myself!

Cheers

P

sam christie

United Kingdom
3060 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  14:56:27  Show Profile
Is this the book?

Sam
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3060 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2014 :  10:07:21  Show Profile
I notice a good used copy of "Bourne and Bred" can be found on Amazon UK for one penny plus £2.80 postage.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3352 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2014 :  13:07:09  Show Profile
Sam
Perhaps if you could post a picture of the car it might help (I am guessing the book is long out of print). This forum was intended to be for actual pictures of cars which may or may not have survived but would remain as an archive as well as for pure interest. At some point, I hope these pictures might be added to a searchable database.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3060 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2014 :  14:14:02  Show Profile
Nick,
I do not have a copy of this book (image from Amazon) but perhaps a native of Dunstable who is also a member might care to purchase a copy at one penny and share the image.

Sam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000