Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Back from the dead
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andrew Fock

Australia
371 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2015 :  22:20:16  Show Profile
Well... as some may remember, PA 1294 died last April after the preselector gear box seized. Turned out that the oil pump intake disc had been assembled upside down and the box had been starved of oil. Amazingly it lasted 5000km before the 3rd gear planet bearings disintegrated and seized (and was surprisingly quiet right up to the last few miles).
Anyway.... $XXXXX later and a fantastic new close ratio gear set from Tom Dark (we decided not to use what was left of the originals as they were blued with the heat!), and a lot of hours from the boys at Historic and Vintage Restorations Melbourne (especially Matthew Sloan) its all back together. Apart from a full set of bearings the only other thing needed was a new ceramic top gear cone clutch. Lets hope it all holds together!

A very merry triple M christmas to all,

Andrew

PA1294
NA0279

Matthew Magilton

Australia
179 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2015 :  02:30:31  Show Profile
Good work Andrew.
A truly stunning P type.

Matthew.

Go to Top of Page

Andrew Fock

Australia
371 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2015 :  09:30:53  Show Profile
Thanks Matthew,

Driving the P type is highly addictive and I've rather been going through withdrawal!

Merry Christmas

Andrew
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3229 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2015 :  19:15:37  Show Profile
Hi Andrew

I am pleased to read the PA will soon be up and running again, the ENV 75 gearbox is definitely fun to use.

I note you have the K type remote, I decided on the Q styled one for the L2 as the space is limited, especially after my old NB.

Looks like a nice N type in the background.

Wishing you and all in Oz all the best for Christmas and the New Year.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 13/12/2015 19:16:39
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Fock

Australia
371 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2015 :  02:25:09  Show Profile
Hi George,

Thanks, and merry Christmas to you too. The P has an Aspinal racing body on it and is even narrower than a standard car. However, the K remote doesn't seem to be an issue and I couldn't resit the octagons!

Andrew

NA 0279
PA 1294
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000