Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Search Tip
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NeilS

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2017 :  08:36:46  Show Profile
I'm not sure how much this will be general knowledge within the forum so I will share.

I have found that the boards own embedded search is perhaps not the best throwing up a limited number of results.

I have found far better results by using Google to search the register site. You can use google to search specific sites by adding the following after your search string

site:www.triple-mregister.org.

so for example

M Type vertical drive site:www.triple-mregister.org

Neil

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2017 :  08:55:26  Show Profile
Thanks Neil,
Yes, this was mentioned by somebody a while back when the forum search function was playing up.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6010 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2017 :  10:13:06  Show Profile
You don't need to bother with the www. It's sufficient to type site:triple-mregister.org

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3344 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2017 :  12:53:09  Show Profile
I have tried a couple of searches e.g. "M-type springs" and the website search turned up 26 hits even finding posts about distributor springs, all relevant to Triple-M cars. A Google searched turned up hundreds of hits including many completely irrelevant (to me) finds such as: "Apartments to rent in Macon Ga", "Linear and non-linear springs tutorial" to name just two.
Just saying.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

NeilS

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2017 :  13:45:21  Show Profile
That is odd Nick, I tried the same search with the Site:triple-mregister.org qualifier and got nothing but results from the register site, I wonder if there is a difference in US google.com Vs Google.co.uk would be odd if there was.

It was just my experience earlier that the site search threw up very few (about 3) on a search that brought up about 20 relevant results on the qualified Google search

Neil
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2017 :  19:13:52  Show Profile
An advantage of the Google search is that it searches both the archived and non-archived areas so it saves having to do two separate searches.

Peter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000