Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA BKL 316
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon

United Kingdom
447 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2017 :  11:29:57  Show Profile
Those who just happened to be watching an episode of the ITV drama "Halcyon" would have been pleased to get a good look at a black PA number BKL 316.In this case being driven by an RAF officer (who else?)in war torn London of 1940.My out of date register shows this as PA 1361 but no other information otherwise. Looked good though.
Simon C.

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2017 :  14:05:27  Show Profile
Hi Simon. That reg does indeed correspond to PA1361. We have the owner's name and some pics on file, including the car as seen in the film in the 2002 TV Series 'Foyles War'. These pics and another showing the car in the 1934 London-Exeter competition can be seen if you go to Register database, browse the Register, then select PA and the car's chassis number.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon

United Kingdom
447 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2017 :  15:07:02  Show Profile
Thanks, Dick, I had a look at those. It certainly gets about a bit!
Simon.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2501 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2017 :  15:35:55  Show Profile
She also appeared very recently on TV, and in quite a few scenes, in the film "My Week with Marilyn". A still from this film, purporting to be (do they still exist?) Pinewood Studios.

Her film owner was the younger brother of the late Alan Clark, as a young man starting out on what turned into a successful career in films.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

NeilS

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2017 :  15:37:00  Show Profile
The owner runs a business providing cars for filming. It has been used in many different productions. The car is a very nice largely original one that he has owner for a long time

Neil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000