Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 "SOLD"
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oz34

United Kingdom
2498 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  19:18:09  Show Profile
I must say there is an increasing, and IMHO very desirable trend in putting the word "SOLD" in the subject line of an advert when this has taken place. Let's hope the contagion spreads!

Dave

Nick Feakes

USA
3344 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2017 :  12:41:45  Show Profile
Dave
I hope it has something to do with the words I added to the "Advertisements" guidance sticky topic!
Thank you Dave for reminding members to do this as it saves reading the whole topic only to discover all the items are sold.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Bob Grunau

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2017 :  14:29:30  Show Profile
Would it be OK to leave the ASKING PRICE in the sold notice? This could act as a guide for future sales by others. Of course actual selling price would not appear.
Bob,Canada
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2498 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2017 :  15:40:44  Show Profile
Would not the selling price be a better guide Bob?

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Bob Grunau

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2017 :  14:54:32  Show Profile
Maybe, but the asking price was public knowledge and so easy to include in the sold notice. The selling price is personal so some may not want it to be common knowledge. Either one, or even both, would give a future seller/buyer an indication of value for a specific item. Many of us "over the pond" don't know the true value of our junque.
Bob, Canada
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000