Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 N.J Cousins electrical engineer
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tony Dolton

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2017 :  08:56:48  Show Profile
I have used this business for many years for restoring dynamo's, but can no longer contact them by phone.
Location Burnham-on-Crouch,Essex,phone no 01621784141.the phone rings but never an answer..
Has any member any news about this excellent resource?
Alternatively can anyone recommend someone who can test and repair J2 cutouts. I'm located near Reading.
Thanks Tony

dade

United Kingdom
503 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  09:45:57  Show Profile
Hi Tony

I have a friend that has used this company and experienced the same results ie no answer to the phone call.

He subsequently was told that the only way was to actually visit the company and sure enough the company is still operating and fixed his Magneto.

This is not much good when you live in Reading.

Try contacting Broadway Electrical Services at Grays in Essex (See web site) or Dynamo and Regulator Conversions (see web site).

I have no connection with iether company, however have been a customer of both with no problems.

Russ
PB TD
Go to Top of Page

Tony Dolton

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  13:17:46  Show Profile
Thanks Russ,may try one of your companies.
Can only assume the Salmon's are overloaded!
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2017 :  09:54:33  Show Profile
Hello Tony,
I can confirm that Salmons are still up and running and have just picked up a refurbished starter and dynamo from them.

It has only been William for a while now, father retired and brother doing other things.

I have always found their work very good and have no evidence to suggest that this has changed. You do however have to wait ! Typically for a dynamo and starter rebuild you will need to wait 3 months. Although when he says 3 months he will do it in this time. If you have a running car and need a quick repair you may want to find someone else who can turn around quicker.

The number you have is right but like you I have found it impossible to reach him on the phone! Living near'ish to Burnham we turn up 'on spec.' but clearly understand that you are not going to do that from 150 miles away!!

Hope this helps, All best, Duncan.

Pots
Go to Top of Page

Tony Dolton

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2017 :  19:26:15  Show Profile
Thanks Duncan,
Right now I just need to know if one of the 3 cutouts I have is functional.
If I need serious work like the dynamo I will visit!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000