Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Important regulatory news
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  08:52:01  Show Profile
As readers can imagine, the Register maintains close contact with the many national and international bodies that are involved in the regulation and policing of historic cars and historic motoring. We consider carefully pronouncements and policy proposals which come up from time to time and wherever possible seek to protect the interests of Triple-M car owners and the cars themselves.

We were therefore alarmed to hear of a very new measure - just one of many - which would strike at the heart of Triple-M motoring. Evidently, international pressure and political correctness have combined in a suggestion that one type of car - the Midget - should no longer be known by that name. Instead it is proposed that these cars should henceforth be known as 'vehicles of restricted dimension'. It is not clear precisely when this measure will become effective or whether there are any rights of appeal.

Anyone who wishes to record their views on this matter is invited to do so at the following e-mail address: letssupportthemidgets@aprilconsult1.org

Clearly this is a very serious matter of wide ranging consequences, especially as the Midget model is not confined just to the Triple-M world.

A similar aberration comes with the news that the Lancia Aprilia may have to be reclassified, because its name is regarded as representative of paganism.

Has the world gone mad?

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  09:10:37  Show Profile
Nice Try, Dick!

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1875 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  09:13:08  Show Profile
An inevitable consequence of EU directive 1478AA/MMM&BRexit/114 arising from Article 50 I think.
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
497 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  15:36:34  Show Profile
Clearly BREXIT is required. During the Obama years here in the land of Political Correctness I was required to call my PB a "Little Car".

Our North American Register was changed to the NALCMMR.

As you all know by know, complete sanity has finally returned to the White House.

Tommm on the sunny shores of the Great Lake Erie
Go to Top of Page

Horst Wendling

Germany
464 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  18:04:00  Show Profile
April, April......

Horst
PA492
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked