Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M. Potter-Moore
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Westbury

United Kingdom
1964 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  13:04:45  Show Profile
I wonder if any of our MG historians can help with my continuing research into the history of my car AYT197 which is a 1934 NA .The car was heavily modified into a blown two seater in the 1940s by Lionel Leonard who very successfully competed with it after the war,( it took part in the first race ever held at Goodwood in 1948 )also some prewar competition history .The car was passed on to Cliff Davis in 1950 /1951 and he was even more succcessful it appears.
The car was then sold onto a certain M.Potter-Moore about 1952 and he definetly competed in The Brighton Speed Trials on the 5th September, 1953 in my car.
Potter-Moore competed in The Brighton Speed Trials on the 1st September,1956 winning his class and also The Benn Trophy (fastest MG). On this occasion the car is described as 1087cc which would rule out it being my car which was 1435cc.at that time or is a misprint?
I do not know when Potter Moore sold my car (AYT197) But in Mike Hawke's K3 Dossier,
Potter-Moore is shown as the owner of K3 008 for a short period only during 1952.
Question is, what car was Potter-Moore competing in at The Brighton Speed Trials,1956 a K3? and when and to whom did he sell my car.
I have no history of my car between 5th September,1953 (Brighton Speed Trials with Potter-Moore) and the 18th of May, 1967 when the owner(in a continuation log book) is shown as a Mr John Raymond Guyford.
Any comments or information would be exceedingly welcomed.
Thank you, Chris Harrill.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000