Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 New Authentic Period Aerosols
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sam christie

United Kingdom
3060 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  11:03:42  Show Profile
A leading automotive supplier has recently recognised a badly neglected area in car restoration accessories. Since smell has long been widely recognised as "the most evocative of senses" a range of aerosols is to be launched to complete the perfect restoration. A team of chemists has analysed period odours and synthesised aromas which can now be sprayed around the car to complete the perfect period experience.These are expensive but well worth the money.

The range includes the obvious 'Castrol R', 'Pre War Petrol', 'Hot oil' and 'Fresh Cellulose Paint.' Another includes a special blend called 'Brooklands Race Day' with Castrol R, cellulose paint, hot oil and other ingredients including a very subtle hint of aircraft dope. There is the delightful '1930's Leather Interior' with notes of Rexine and wool carpet. Even unpleasant smells are included for dangerous record breaking car seats such as 'Lucky Escape' and the even more pungent 'Near Death Experience'.

Sam

coracle

United Kingdom
1899 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  12:09:59  Show Profile
I understand the Castrol R version is called "Rosol"
Go to Top of Page

Max Headroom

United Kingdom
292 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  12:19:29  Show Profile

I must rush out and get some. Are they on sale for today only?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Inside every older person is a younger person – wondering what the hell happened.
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
763 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  12:35:05  Show Profile
almost as good as the "New Volari" spray can.... oil,rubber,dust,pollen etc etc.....comes complete with a cutout shape of a pair of goggles so you can spray your face for the authentic 1000miles appearance.
Not cheap at 150lira a can.
Foz
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  23:37:01  Show Profile
Good effort Sam.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
988 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  12:37:25  Show Profile
Sam, do they do a "damp wool carpet" variation? I can lend them my car to sample.

Foz - Love the idea! Great name!

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page