Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 End of the MMM road
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  13:46:54  Show Profile
I have today sold PA0758 to a very personable couple. I have no doubt that it will be actively used by the new owner. So the car will not be disappearing from the scene but I will, as my 'new' toy is a 1925 Talbot 10/23.

I have very much enjoyed the last twelve years with PA0758; driving it some 22,500 miles. There are many people, who use this form, who I need to thank for making the experience so enjoyable. Lots of good advice and help as well as good company. So thanks to you all.

I will no doubt see many of you at VSCC events in future, so I will not say goodbye but just best wishes to you all, Peter.

Cooperman

United Kingdom
758 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  14:03:17  Show Profile
Sorry to be losing you Peter, I remember when you were looking for it and we spoke at VSCC Westcott before they moved to the Army base at Bicester, that must have been about 13 years ago. All the best with the Talbot, my very first car was a Talbot London brought for £7.10.00 in 1960, gosh that 57 was tears ago.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  15:18:41  Show Profile
Thanks for bringing us up-to-date Peter and for your enthusiastic participation in our little community over the past 12 years or so. Do keep in touch and check on us from time to time to make sure we are doing things correctly!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3230 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  16:50:07  Show Profile
Hello Peter

Nice to read you are now playing with a new toy - how about signing off with a photo of the Talbot?

As Dick has said please keep in touch from time to time. Ps - hope you have provided Dick with the contact details of the new owners?

Best wishes

George

Edited by - George Eagle on 05/06/2017 16:51:45
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  17:54:25  Show Profile
Thanks for bringing us up-to-date Peter and for your enthusiastic participation in our little community over the past 12 years or so. Do keep in touch and check on us from time to time to make sure we are doing things correctly!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  19:17:17  Show Profile
John

I too remember our first meeting at Wescott, when I was looking to replace my MGB with a PA. It must as you say have been thirteen years ago. The driving tests having moved on again to the Biscester Heritage centre. You should try the driving tests. An M type is the ideal car.

Regards Peter
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  19:59:19  Show Profile
George

After twelve years of involvement with the group I cannot just walk away. So I will check on the website and forum from time to time just to see how you are all getting on. I also have regular contact with a couple of 'spies' who will no doubt keep me up to date with all the serious gossip. Plus there is significant Triple-M activity at VSCC events which I attend regularly. And finally there is a traction engine project to check up on from time to time. So it is definitely not good-bye.

I will ensure that Dick has all the information he needs to record the transfer of ownership.

I have not yet had an opportunity to play with the new toy. I am collecting it tomorrow.

Regards, Peter

Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2143 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  07:48:04  Show Profile
Hi Peter

Sorry to hear the P type has gone but I hope you enjoy the new toy!

Best wishes

Richard

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  21:14:04  Show Profile
Richard

Thanks for your good wishes. A very different car. Much to learn and much to enjoy, I trust.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Bill Abbott

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  21:26:44  Show Profile
Hi Peter
Good luck with your new challenge, sorry to see you leave the MMM circle(Octagon?) and your very useful inputs to this forum.
It was with you as my co pilot in the Registers anniversary Driving tests at Gaydon that I managed a class win ( probably my only!)
Best wishes and keep in touch.

Bill

Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2017 :  11:08:59  Show Profile
Bill

Thanks for your message. It was in the same driving tests that I got a second place for four cylinder cars with you as my co-pilot. A good mornings work.

Thanks for all your support over the years and best wishes for the future.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2017 :  17:33:14  Show Profile
What part of the country has the P type gone to

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2017 :  17:59:45  Show Profile
David

The car has gone to Oxfordshire.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2017 :  18:26:35  Show Profile
Thanks Peter, Dave Brown will be interested.

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2017 :  18:45:06  Show Profile
David

I am planning to give Dave a call.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Warrior80