Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PRG trailers
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6000 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2018 :  10:27:29  Show Profile
Thanks, Robin. Brian James don’t make the Minno Max any more but their A4 range can be configured to the same dimensions. As to whether the additional cost of a covered trailer is worth it, that’s a matter of personal choice I guess. For the occasions that I’d want to use a trailer we think it makes sense. YMMV

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2018 :  11:39:03  Show Profile
All very interesting and informative but relating to the J and P types only!

I have often wondered about towing the L2 with my MGB GT V8 which had a tow hitch fitted from new, the first owner used to tow his wife's small sailing yacht.

I think the L2 might weigh too much? I may try to find a weighbridge to establish what the car actually weighs.

The late Syd Beer used to tow his single seat K3 - K3021 - all over Europe with his BGT V8 which I understand is still owned by the Beer family.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6000 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2018 :  12:07:50  Show Profile
George,

Surprisingly the MGB GT V8 has quite a low towing figure. The factory press release can be found here - http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/MGBGTV8-PressRelease-5.htm - and it gives a towing weight of only 1680 lbs (equivalent to 760 kg). The L2 is listed on our own website as weighing 800 kg - see http://www.triple-mregister.org/profiles/l-type.asp - so more than a V8 can tow even without the trailer. A J2 is listed at 650 kg or thereabouts so the V8 couldn't even tow it on a trailer!

Simon J
J3437

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 28/05/2018 12:16:55
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2018 :  17:42:15  Show Profile
Thanks Simon!!

I had established the towing figure which is disappointing.

The L2 will be lighter than standard as it has cycle wings fitted but.....! Perhaps I will have to find an M type!

Best regards

George
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000