Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Betty Haig Racing Champion 2018
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:50:41  Show Profile
As 2019 starts we can now confirm the winner of the 2018 Betty Haig Racing Championship.

Many thanks to Mike Linward who has been tracking our progress all year and compiling the results. We have recorded an incredible 35 drivers racing over the season, evidence of the amazing support and continued growth of Triple-M Racing. 19 of those drivers finished 5 or more races in the season and qualified for the Betty Haig Cup.

I am very pleased to announce that Mike Painter has once again taken the victory for the 2018 Season after his sterling efforts in the Kayne Special. Fred Boothby and Charles Goddard, follow very closely behind in 2nd and 3rd place.

Full results, http://www.triple-mregister.org/challenge.asp

The Betty Haig Cup will be presented to Mike at Brands Hatch on April 28th after our 2019 season kicks off with the Mary Harris Trophy Race.

Huge thanks to the Register, MGCC, VSCC, other Race organisers and Marshalls, that allow us all to race at so many wonderful venues. I’d also like to thank our Sponsors Banyton Jones Historic Motorsport and all our race partners for their support in 2018.

Congratulations to all involved. We look forward to seeing you, racing or supporting, in 2019.
Mark

Mike in winning action at VSCC Donington Park 2018, Photo Colin Murrell.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

colintf

United Kingdom
1490 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  11:09:58  Show Profile
Well done Mike with the championship and all you others for a great 2018 Season.
Here's to a great 2019 Season
Colin

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
1973 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  12:46:08  Show Profile

I noticed that a new book has just been published about Betty Haigh’s motor racing career.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  13:45:24  Show Profile
Just received my copy today! Can be ordered straight from the author at agricola1 @ btinternet . com

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3230 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  14:53:05  Show Profile
Congratulations to Mike, the Kanye Special is always a very competitive and well driven car.

I have to say very well done also to Mark who has so transformed the Triple-M racing scene.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1490 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  16:51:02  Show Profile
Charles Goddard did well, right up there at the sharp end of the championship :)

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2019 :  10:33:09  Show Profile
I received my copy of Betty Haig's biography just in time for Christmas (a present to myself!) and I have finished it already. It is very interesting, and a worthwhile addition to the bookshelf. Betty was very much a West Sussex resident having lived at various addresses in the Pulborough area and she had a close affinity with the M.G, marquw owning six or seven different models (including four MMM cars) during her lifetime. I was fortunate in being allowed (by courtesy of my pal Roger Shadbolt) to drive her TB (MG 6644) at Brighton Speed Trials in the late 70s.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000