Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 SUMMER GATHERING
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2019 :  23:22:27  Show Profile
CALLING ALL M TYPE OWNERS

As I am sure you all know, at this year’s Summer Gathering on Sunday 7th July we will be celebrating, amongst other things, the 90th Anniversary of the start of Triple-M production in 1929. As part of this celebration we would like as many M types as possible on display as they were the first Triple-M model produced.

As of today, over 100 people have already entered but regrettably only 4 M types have entered so far, so I am appealing to all M type owners to enter the event if they possibly can. Cars can be transported to the event on a trailer if you are coming from a long distance. If I get a few more M type entries I will ensure that there is a separate M type class in the ‘Pride of Ownership’ and the ‘Gymkhana’.

The closing date for entries is June 28th but please do not leave it to the last moment to enter as I need to have a very good idea of the number people attending before then.

Obviously, all other Triple-M owners and their friends, whether their cars are on the road or not, will be most welcome and there is still time to enter. Entry Forms can be downloaded here;-
http://www.triple-mregister.org/uploads/retro/2019%20Entry%20Form.pdf

If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at p.green@mgk3.co.uk

Peter

ANDY KING

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2019 :  09:48:23  Show Profile
Hi Peter,

We are looking to confirm our support for the call for M Types at this years Summer Gathering.
Our intention will be to bring 3, being our barn find Jarvis bodied M Type, the last known survivor M Type, and also another yet to be decided, along with our PB Cracker.
It would be great to see a separate M Type Class for the 90th!
We will also send a separate e-mail to confirm our entries.

Best Wishes
Andy and Angie
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2019 :  10:29:25  Show Profile
Thanks Andy and Angie, I hope that you have started the ball rolling!

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2019 :  21:23:50  Show Profile
Just a note to remind everyone that entries for this year’s Summer Gathering close on Friday, 28th June. We currently have 152 people entered and can still accept more entries.

Please could I ask that if you wish to attend this year’s event you send me your entry form, which can be downloaded at,
as soon as possible because it does make life easier for me the sooner I receive the entries.

I look forward to seeing you on Sunday, 7th July.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2019 :  04:55:04  Show Profile
Sorry Peter, cannot make this year, event coincides with a prebooked Rover National Gathering and Presentations at a Hotel , hopefully next year. Have a great time.

Chris

J2353
J4129
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  10:03:10  Show Profile
As of the closing date for this year’s Summer Gathering we have 192 people and 89 cars entered. It would be nice if we could increase the number of cars to 90 as we are celebrating 90 years from the commencement of Triple-M car production. To enable us to have 90 cars (or more!) I will accept a late entry from anyone who can bring a Triple-M car. If you would like to make the number up please e-mail me at p.green@mgk3.co.uk. Looking forward to a great day on Sunday.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Bobles

Australia
22 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2019 :  02:16:46  Show Profile
I am an experienced MMM driver willing to take a car if someone has one spare. I am staying in Buckingham and attending Prescott on Saturday.
Call me to see if we can work something out otherwise I will be just as happy to use my MGA. Bob 074245 02894
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2019 :  09:03:34  Show Profile
Hello Bob,

I am sure Peter Green would want you to know that it's not possible for anybody just to pitch up at the event - he will need to know beforehand if you intend to be there - form to fill and payment required!
Details at

Regards
Dick M
Go to Top of Page

Bobles

Australia
22 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2019 :  15:20:57  Show Profile
Thanks for the advice Dick, I had already entered before leaving Oz.
Just offering to help if someone needs a works driver. Bob.
Go to Top of Page

Blithe Spirit

United Kingdom
185 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2019 :  08:28:04  Show Profile
J3 GATHERING.
As well as celebrating the 90th birthday of the Midget, and the beginning of the exciting Triple m era, we will have a select gathering of J3s at Peter's tomorrow. We are expecting 5 cars (out of a production run of just 22), and will be parked together. Please look out for our banner, come along for a chat with owners and discover why these extraordinary 750cc cars were heralded by Motorsport magazine as being "quite unique in the value it offers", and how they held every long distance speed record in period. Also, debate why they were not a commercial success for MG. Perhaps a clue lies in the proportion still using their original Powerplus superchargers.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1484 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2019 :  20:51:01  Show Profile
What a wonderful day today. Many thanks Peter and family (and all the other helpers) for another great summer gathering :)

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2019 :  21:48:54  Show Profile
Yes - a wonderful day with a superb collection of Triple-M cars and good weather.

Well done and thanks to Peter and everyone in his family for ensuring everything went smoothly.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

MmmGee

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  10:31:41  Show Profile
A very well deserved thank you to Peter his family and band of helpers. Blessed with glorious weather (apart from the drive up... for me anyway) it was a very enjoyable day
Best Regards

MmmGee
Go to Top of Page

Keith Durston

United Kingdom
698 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  11:03:38  Show Profile
I would also like to add my thanks to Peter and his team. How nice to see the kids involved with helping out so ably and efficiently and they managed to do it with smiles on their faces. Well done. This was my first attendance at a Summer Gathering and it was certainly worth the 3 hour drive in the M type to get there and back.
Keith
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  12:53:49  Show Profile
Sorry to have missed this year, coincided with another event.

Chris

J2353
J4129
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  14:43:07  Show Profile
Peter Green and family organised what was undoubtedly the biggest and best of the Summer Gatherings to date. Here is a flavour - with thanks to Bruno Wusthof for many of these photos.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000