Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Foram
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  19:18:43  Show Profile
Nick, would it be possible to split the General forum into two, one for technical and one for the lighter side of our hobby?

Regards Rodney

talbot

United Kingdom
718 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  13:05:44  Show Profile
Rodney,

Appears to be a good suggestion but how much technical response would we get? I see some threads seeking advice have had no replies at all and other a megere half dozen. I've even resorted to replying to my own queries in an attempt to pass on useful information! On the other hand I have seen circa 1000 viewings for some topics. Are the answers to technical problems simply not out there or are potential respondees put off putting finger to key board?

Cheers to all

Jan T
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1527 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  13:31:43  Show Profile
I think the suggestion is worth looking at.

Some of the non-technical stuff I have seen on here definitely needs placing in a separate category.

Perhaps a separate technical question/answer heading is what we need and (in addition) another heading for more general Triple-M non-technical banter?
Go to Top of Page

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  14:13:10  Show Profile
I totally agree - some of the stuff gets a bit off subject even though its quite entertaining at times.
Regards David
Go to Top of Page

ht1962

Netherlands
114 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  14:20:01  Show Profile
you might find the Forum of the
vintage minor register interesting
www.vintageminor.co.uk/

Great little cars don't you think so?

best wishes for 2008

Halbe Tjepkema

halbe

Edited by - ht1962 on 08/01/2008 14:20:26
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3350 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  14:27:35  Show Profile
Sounds like a good idea to me. I will put it to the committee. Previous posts would have to stay as they are, I don't think I can move them around, but I will look into it.
Perhaps I could rename the General forum "Technical" and create a new forum "General"?
Nick
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  16:16:41  Show Profile
Nick and All,

Definitely worth doing, and your suggested solution seems a good one.

John R
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  17:52:17  Show Profile
Please be cautious here. I enjoy the mix and deviations from subjects. Maybe its my drifting mind. The way the forum now functions gives it a wonderful personality.
Take for example "hydraulic brakes". The question was answered, but the comments were funny (Mike Ellis and Peter Scott) as well as informative and later off subject.
Every discussion group has this type of discussion. My wife is on a cooking forum. Many times the subject and humor travels far fron the original comment, but that is what gives the forum its personality.
I kind of like the set up as it is. Just my two cents.

Thanks

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  19:25:14  Show Profile
I agree that it would be a good idea to split the General thread into two threads "Technical" and "General".

The VSCC has this split and it works well even though that forum gets way off track at times. Perhaps the split would encourage the wandering off-topic to occur in the General section rather than the Technical section.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  19:49:29  Show Profile
I agree with Leckstein.A bit of light relief is always good and we get some interesting nontechnical information.

Maurice.
Go to Top of Page

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  20:03:51  Show Profile
well this is tricky .... web conversations such as the forum produce do wander but in reality thst is the natue of conversation. I would suggest that the current format for all its weaknessess is stronger than one that is set into pigen holes
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1628 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  21:51:53  Show Profile
I think it is great as it is. One thing often leads to another. The volume of messages is not that high to make the change worthwhile.

Terry Holden
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  22:01:33  Show Profile
Having read the recent postings I can now see the argument for staying as we are...!
John R
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  22:40:14  Show Profile
Definitely in favour of letting it stay as it is. I very much enjoy the wandering off the subjects! I cheer up every time anything on the history of the cars is brought up. This way you get to know the people a little bit, get to feel their sense of humour and ideas on originality and so on.
I have no technical knowledge whatsoever, but I do learn from what is on the forum. If there would be a separate one, I wouldn't visit it and miss out!

Good night!
Cathelijne Spoelstra

Cathelijne

Edited by - Cathelijne on 08/01/2008 22:41:04
Go to Top of Page

Bob Hudson

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  20:45:45  Show Profile
No change please I enjoy the way discussions wander about

Bob H
Go to Top of Page

Pat B

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  22:38:24  Show Profile
Rodney, see what happens when you post a topic on your 'forarm', people digress and start talking about the 'forum' !

Last time somebody posted a topic on 'hydraulic brakes' you started talking about the time when you were just wearing your boxters and no pretty girls would talk to you.........only when you were fully clothed in your PA young pretty girls would stop by and start talking ???

Anyway, happy Triple-m'ing for the coming year and keep-up the amusing postings.

Pat.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000